Basic Purpose of Job:
The Operations Associate within Global Services Bangalore, focusses on processing of Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) transactions (such as trades, cash movement, margins etc) events within the Fund Accounting domain on assigned accounts. The ETD team is responsible for the end to end processing of exchange traded derivatives such as futures and Options into Accounting and ensures that the Accounting records are in line with the Broker/Investment Manager statements records.The ETD team is also responsible to process all cash activities related to Futures and options into accounting and the same is to reconciled with the Broker/Investment Manager statements.
The role involves interaction with various units locally and overseas. The Associate should possess the ability to learn new skills, embrace change and communicate effectively. Effective communication, Accuracy, timeliness and delivery of client service are imperative in this position.Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Carry out basic and complex ETD transactions (such as trades, cash movement, margins etc) in accordance with established procedures.
- Answer and handle complex issues and queries and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables.
- Work closely with inter-departmental contacts in processing all necessary events to ensure risk mitigation.
- Identify risk issues, breaches and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures.
- Be accountable for assigned tasks and deadline.
- Quality control - Be able to audit the accounting / verification data input and establish control over the overall process accuracy within the KPIs agreed
- Work closely with the Team Leader and bring issues that require management attention on a timely manner
- Support the business to offer great quality client service and ensure that the assigned deliverables are planned and delivered efficiently
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree or above
- Experience in financial services and/or a back-office operations environment would be an added advantage
- Strong excel skills would be an added advantage
- Ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Detailed oriented individual capable of performing in a high pace environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
- Should possess good time management skills