Assistant Manager, FP&A (Tech)
Get to know the Role:
You will be part of the Regional FP&A team supporting Chief Technology Officers and Group Head of Product, Design and Analytics and their leadership teams. As a Tech FP&A Asst Manager, you will be expected to play the role of a Finance business partner (FBP) for the Tech organization and partner with People Operations, Technology Procurement to manage their day-to-day activities. Key success factors for this role include strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen and ability to work independently in a start-up environment. This role will report to the Senior Manager of FP&A, based out of Singapore HQ.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support and manage the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning process for the Tech organization as part of the Regional FP&A/Center of Excellence (COE) team.
- Track and monitor actual spending against budget for all R&D centers across different countries and various time zones to provide insights on Engineering spend and Total Overhead Costs (including staff costs and G&A spend)
- Involved in cost optimization initiatives/opportunities in a large and complex technology company.
- Besides working with business teams, you will be expected to work with the wider FP&A and Accounting Teams to improve processes and tools
- Able to deal with multiple stakeholders across all management levels in multiple countries.
- Able to understand lifecycles of technology projects and design and develop governance models/ cadence process to predict spending trends and steer the teams to manage spend within the approved budget.
- Able to support and conduct monthly review of Tech spending with the Executive Leadership teams.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment with high performing teams.
The must haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or related)
- Advanced Excel skills in building complex financial models and exposure to Oracle/Accounting systems. Experience with using TM1 system/ Anaplan system.
- Ability to translate business requirements / queries into financial analysis and financial projections/models.
- More than 5 years of experience in financial/business analysis and supporting business teams. Preferably with experience in business partnering.
- Strong sense of ownership to see projects to completion.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong integrity and not afraid to raise concerns or highlight opportunities.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively “outside the box”
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.