Manager, Finance Policies and VMO
Get to know the Role
We are looking for a Finance Policies and Internal Controls Partner to lead the regional efforts to create, preserve, and realise value for the Group, via maintaining an effective internal control environment in the region. You will be expected to provide controls advisory for new business launches, and regional initiatives. Effective collaboration with both cross-functional partners and Finance to establish and refine business processes and controls will be the key to success in this role.
The day-to-day activities:
- Identify opportunities for internal controls improvement and standardization. Manage continuous improvement projects involving new policies, processes, systems or organizations.
- Partner with functional areas in projects and initiatives in building process maps, identifying and evaluating risks, and designing corresponding control activities to maintain a robust controls environment
- Lead the process to create, update, standardize and improve documentation of business processes and internal controls.
- Collaborate with the Grab SOX team to conduct training and education to ensure consistency with internal standards for SOX 404 documentation, to improve awareness of internal control considerations and to build knowledge of control objectives for each part of the business.
- Partner with stakeholders, maintain and “gate keep” key Finance policies.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy
- Professional certification (e.g., CA, CPA, ACCA)
- 8-10 years of internal controls and risk advisory (including Sarbanes-Oxley) experience. Technology industry exposure is preferred.
- Excellent command of English
- Ability to effectively apply internal control concepts to novel situations, while ensuring value creation/preservation (eg. cost efficiency)
- Ability to influence business stakeholders, and cross-functional teams to adopt recommended changes
- Ability to anticipate how internal and external changes affect controls, including changes in business environment, systems and accounting standards
- Detail oriented
- Work independently and with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of quality work product and output
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.