Extended Assurance - IT Internal Audit Manager, Financial Services - London
Our Financial Services Assurance practice encompasses a wide range of assurance services across our different sectors. You will gain a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and their financial accounts, drawing on your experience to provide options and recommendations to management and the board. We mirror our clients’ global operations, so be prepared to travel and explore business in new places.
Our Internal Audit team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in Banking & Capital Markets.
The opportunityOur Extended Assurance Practice provide ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements. We are looking for Internal Audit professionals who have a strong background in Banking & Capital Markets and Internal Audit. Ideally, candidates will have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an internal auditor / advisor at a professional service firm and / or within an Internal Audit function within industry.
Your key responsibilities
If successful, you will be expected to secure and enhance relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit and Audit Committee Chairs). We will expect you to manage day to day client relationships whilst delivering value to the client by providing insightful knowledge into business improvement. You will be seen as a trusted advisor to Partners and Directors, identifying new business opportunities and building upon existing client networks. We will expect you to contribute to writing Thought Leadership articles, people initiatives and to manage engagement economics.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your entire career.
Skills and attributes for success;
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting Banking & Capital Markets clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Depth of experience working with Banking & Capital Markets clients
- Experience of internal audit and internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley)
- Knowledge of business process, operational process and process analysis
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Structural Reform; new internal audit innovation; and/or Business audit skills
- Market network / knowledge
Ideally you’ll also have
- Experience with innovation and transforming internal audit processes
- A track record with a blue-chip company in the Financial Services industry or professional services firm would be preferable
- ACA, ACCA, CIA qualified or equivalent
What we look for
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About EYEY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.