Docs Negotiator - VP
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is a remarkably broad and diversified business. We provide institutions with almost every kind of financial product and service across the world's major markets. Whether you're interested in planning complex deals; trading on the moment-to-moment movements of the capital markets; analyzing the financial needs of a company or a wealthy family, Morgan Stanley is the place to be.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professional’s trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The Business Unit Risk Management Institutional Securities Documentation team at Morgan Stanley is currently looking for derivatives and financing documentation negotiator with a focus on institutional clients of the Fixed Income, Commodities and Finance Divisions. The role involves collaborating with various areas of the Firm, interacting with external clients, and negotiating different types of derivatives documentation
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying necessary documentation for the clients to trade securities or OTC derivatives and perform related due diligence scans;
- Drafting and negotiating legal documentation (included master agreements, amendments and ancillary documents such as ISDA, MRA, DF related documents, CDEA, ACAs etc);
- Handling client negotiations and any related projects to ensure timely execution and completion;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders in Credit, Risk Management, Legal and Sales regarding documentation terms;
- Understanding and adhering to established procedures;
- Communicating with clients and external counsel;
- Supervising the work of junior colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and thorough;
- Ability to cope with pressure and multi-task
- Ability to plan, organize and deliver results within tight timeframes
- Ability to work collaboratively on group projects and independently on individual assignments;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Mature and professional;
- Comfortable working in an open-floor working environment.
- 2 – 3 years law firm or financial industry experience in contract negotiation required. Preferably employed by or seconded to a bank in a documentation /business support roles
- Demonstrable experience in having negotiated ISDA or MRA legal documents.
Technical and Professional Qualifications and Accreditations:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Law Degree (preferred)
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.