MSFS, Quality Assurance & Review Team, AVP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”) is a leading provider of third party hedge fund services with offices in New York, London, Dublin, Hong Kong, Glasgow, Bangalore and Mumbai and has over 1,100 employees globally.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting.
The Accounting – Quality Assurance Review Team plays a key role in fund accounting oversight within the global MSFS model. This role will focus on carrying out reviews of NAVs that have been completed in all MSFS locations. The successful candidate will be providing valuable input in terms of analytical skills, issue identification and resolution thereof with a view towards enhancing the quality of the NAV being produced.
The successful candidate will also be initiating, participating and leading a number of accounting related Quality Assurance focused projects and initiatives, including ensuring a smooth transition of new clients on to MSFS platforms. These will range from structured projects and initiatives that will be embedded in the monthly workflows to ad hoc initiatives that are likely to be once off or intermittently run.
- Final Accounting Review of NAVs completed in either the same or other MSFS locations within a defined time delivery schedule
- Develop effective analytical tools and review procedures to enhance NAV deliveries and perform enhanced reviews and provide innovative solutions
- Spearhead Quality Assurance initiatives and projects within Accounting with a drive towards ensuring consistent high quality work products are delivered
- Assist in the development of best practices for Fund Accounting to enable the firm to improve its efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring that the firm is producing quality output
- Provide exception reporting to senior management and functional groups on the adherence of Fund Accounting to group policies and procedures
- Design, implement and enhance policies, procedures and controls based on observations
- Build and manage relationships with senior management and other business owners to champion deliverables
- Integrate with global colleagues to ensure standard operating practice
- Maintain up to date knowledge of GAAP and industry updates and ensure relevant application of the same
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required
- Experience in the Hedge Funds industry is required. Public accounting, Hedge Fund Administration or management experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in dealing with private equity and hybrid structures, including calculation methodologies (waterfalls etc) would be an advantage.
- 5 years PQE with public accounting experience servicing investment related companies preferred. Ideal candidate should demonstrate extensive experience in auditing and a thorough understanding of industry and accounting practices.
- Strong technical skills. US GAAP knowledge required including strong understanding of hedge fund structures. Knowledge of other accounting standards like IFRS would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Irish regulatory requirements (particularly UCITS and AIF type structures and reporting requirements, including daily reporting requirements) would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to advise/influence group managers, employees and senior management
- Previous Quality Assurance experience in a related field would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Broad and deep understanding of accounting and operational issues related to hedge fund, private equity and regulated funds administration
- Ability to think strategically with excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to deal effectively across all levels of the firm’s extensive support structure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Dynamic leader and proven team player
- Ability to handle pressure effectively
- Execute sound judgment on escalating risk
- Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and be involved in ad hoc projects as and when they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Fully completed Accounting qualification/certification e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA,
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employeesFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.