MSFS, Regulatory Manager, AVP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”) is a leading provider of third party hedge, private equity and regulated funds with offices in New York, London, Dublin, Hong Kong, Glasgow, Bangalore and Mumbai and has over 1,100 employees globally.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting.
The person will play a key role in ensuring MSFS Ireland meets its regulatory obligations.The main responsibilities include:
- Ensure all obligations are met by the MSFS Ireland entity in line with its Compliance Manual and maintain a compliance calendar to ensure that all regulatory correspondence is recorded and kept up-to-date.
- Provide the support necessary to meet the obligations applicable to MSFS Ireland due to its regulated and corporate status e.g. filings to CBI, Companies Registration Office, Irish Revenue.
- Draft new procedure/policies as they relate to MSFS Ireland e.g. Fitness and Probity Policy
- Board Pack coordination - review draft meeting minutes from Co Sec, arrange signature and action follow up points from board meetings.
- Acting as Outsourcing Manager for the Firm’s outsourcing arrangements.
This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Manage the stakeholder communication and draft the submission to the Central Bank of Ireland (“CBI”) with respect to all new outsourcing arrangements
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders on Compliance and Internal Audit requirements for new outsourcing arrangements (as appropriate)
- Work with the Outsourcing Supervisory Personnel to ensure ongoing monitoring and oversight of the Firm’s outsourced activities including:
- Ensure key performance metrics and other oversight reporting are reviewed by senior management and the Board to assess the performance of outsourced service providers.
- Play a key role in conducting periodic and onsite due diligence of the Outsourced Service Providers (“OSP”s) to review the adequacy of outsourced services, to identify any issues with outsourcing arrangements and presentation of the final due diligence reports to the Firm’s Board of Directors.
- Review the relevant SLAs, KPI’s re accuracy, timeliness etc. on an annual basis.
- Ensure take back/resilience testing is conducted annually to assess capabilities
- Perform periodic reviews of the OSPs Business Continuity Programs (“BCPs”) in order to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of their contingency plans
- Present on all of the above to senior management, including the Board of Directors
- Consider any regulatory publications and updates in relation to Outsourcing as it impacts MSFS Ireland, present these to the relevant stakeholders and work with the stakeholders to make any changes required to the outsourcing programme.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to complete and submit all regulatory returns on time with the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Ensure that MSFS Ireland’s Outsourcing Risk Assessment is updated periodically for existing outsourcing arrangements as well as for any proposed new outsourcing arrangements.
- Lead the process in updating the Firm’s Outsourcing Policy annually (or where there are changes to the Firm’s outsourcing arrangements).
- Ensure relevant staff is trained in relation to outsourcing arrangements including the outsourcing policy with refresher training undertaken annually, and a record of such training is maintained.
- Supervise the process for submitting Monthly Admin Reports issued to clients, Fund Depositories & 3rd party Man Co’s covering operational content on Irish regulated funds.
- Act as the point of contact for 3rd parties including the Fund Depositories and 3rd party Man Co’s for queries, co-ordinate responses to DDQ, schedule and run due diligence meetings etc.
- Act as ROS administrator on behalf of MSFS Ireland, with responsibility for setting up MSFS Ireland as agent with Irish Revenue (ROS) for new Irish Regulated Funds and completing the necessary IUT and ROV filings on the funds behalf.
- Engage with clients with respect to other regulatory obligations (e.g Depo-lite obligations, EMIR reporting etc)
- Perform QA functions on Investor Services operations as needed
- Substantial Compliance/Regulatory role, including a strong understanding the regulatory requirements for Fund Administrators.
- Experience in an outsourcing manager/oversight role, would be an advantage including familiarity with relevant outsourcing regulations.
- Previous experience of interaction with the Central Bank of Ireland, including their online reporting system for regulatory returns.
- Knowledge of Irish regulatory fund requirements (particularly UCITS and AIF type structures) would be an advantage.
- Experience dealing with 3rd party ManCo’s, Depositories etc. in terms of reporting, due diligence etc. for Irish Regulated Funds.
- Experience of AIFMD, EMIR and any other relevant regulatory reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically with excellent planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to deal effectively across all levels of the firm’s extensive support structure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team.
- Ability to handle pressure effectively.
- Execute sound judgment on escalating risk.
- Strong work ethic and ability to be flexible and be involved in ad hoc projects as and when they arise.
- 3rd level qualification in business or other relevant discipline, as well as a relevant Compliance qualification e.g. LCOI would be an advantage.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.