Securitized Products Group – Non-Agency Trading Assistant
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Securitized Products Group is a market leader across a broad range of asset classes including the residential real estate, commercial real estate, transportation and corporate sectors, with expertise in securitization, financing solutions, and other investor products.
The Global Markets Group (GMG) is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role involves working with and supporting the Securitized Products Group (SPG) Non-Agency Trading desk. The role suits a self-motivated, highly energetic individual who has a good background in mathematical analysis and strong understanding of the fixed income markets/products, as well as an understanding of trade execution and trade lifetime management.
- Work closely with trading team to assist with post-trade processing across ABS, CMBS, CLO, RMBS, Whole Loan products
- Assist the trading desk in cleaning up risk flow issues or breaks in risks systems
- Assist trading desks to work with back office functions to resolve trade booking and settlement issues
- Assist in consolidating executed documentation (NDAs, purchase and sale agreements, servicing agreements, etc.), counterparty due diligence, vendor onboarding and oversight, coordination with operations and other groups to complete counterparty onboarding
- Solid quantitative background, eg Engineer (IIT) with MBAs, or finance with 2-3yrs of experience.
Candidate must have:
- Coursework / Strong understanding in math/engineering, economics, finance.
- Solid understanding of Fixed Income Products & markets including Mortgage Backed Securities
- Ideally some relevant work experience.
- Excel / VBA and other coding expertise for spreadsheet analysis work.
- Must be self-motivated, confident and possess good communication skills.
- Ability to think on their feet & attention to details.
- Ability to handle stress and pressure of fast markets.