GBS - Senior Executive
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Are you looking to further your career in accountancy? We are looking for a recently qualified experienced hire who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. We are looking for candidates whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
BDO’s Bristol Global Business Services team specialises in providing packaged accounting and compliance solutions to international groups. Our clients are often US owned technology and life science businesses or are UK based groups operating in the financial services industry. We have a number of well-known names in our client base.
We’ll broaden your horizons
We are now looking for a Senior Executive to take a senior role in a client team which delivers all aspects of client accounting operations to our growing client base. Services provided to our clients across multiple countries include: accounts payable, payroll, treasury, management reporting and coordination of tax and other compliance. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
The Senior Executive will take day to day responsibility for management of their client and its dedicated team. They will ensure that client deliverables are delivered both to a high quality and to time. They will be required to work autonomously, solving issues raised by the client and their team, and dealing with conflicting priorities. They will have primary responsibility for ensuring that inputs and outputs are of the highest quality and will work alongside our project management office to ensure that the project runs smoothly.
The Senior Executive will be a role model to the junior team members, demonstrating BDO values and providing exceptional client service. They must also be a team player, working effectively with both our management and delivery teams.
This role would suit a qualified accountant from either practice or industry environment who has worked with clients from a range different sectors. It is an opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience in the international accounting operations of large businesses. In this role you will:
- Have oversight of the day to day accounting operations of our clients
- Prepare and review of financial reporting requirements for clients to a high level of quality and delivered in line with agreed timetables
- Work closely with the project management office to assures seamless delivery of services
- Oversee the collective delivery by a local team and overseas BDO offices
- Build strong client relationships, acting as a main contact point for their client, dealing with issues and responding to client requests
- Provide effective coaching, feedback and management of junior team members
- Demonstrate effective risk management, raising issues alongside proposed solutions with managers when required
- Identify and driving forward process improvements within the team
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Experience in coaching or mentoring junior staff highly desirable
- Basic understanding of accounting software supporting international operations such as SAP Business1, Accounts IQ, Oracle, Sun, Netsuite, etc.
- Experience working with clients with variety of foreign operations useful but not essential
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
- TOIL for overtime worked
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.