Experienced Transaction Services Professionals
Job Description & Summary
At PwC we help our clients transform and grow their business by supporting them make informed decisions and operate effectively within them. We serve clients and communities around the world, working to achieve our Firm’s Purpose which is “to build trust in society and solve important problems”. We combine strategy, technology and management consulting expertise to deliver tangible, measurable, human centred change.
We are one of the leading providers of Deals related services in Greece. Our Deals professionals work side-by-side with senior members of our clients’ teams to create tangible and sustainable value from their M&A transactions. Our Deals - Transaction Services team is at the core of our Deals practice focusing on (a) Buy-side and Sell-side Financial Due Diligence services, (b) advising clients in their negotiations on the financial aspects of Share Purchase Agreements, (c) Reviewing Completion Accounts to safeguard value and (d) special purpose assignments (e.g. Deal analytics and data driven insights, Vendor Assistance etc.). Our team is consistently involved in high profile M&A transactions covering a wide range of Industries. Our client base consists primarily of large Greek and multinational corporates, private equity funds and financial investors.
Due to the continued growth of our practice and consistently high demand for Transaction Support services, we are now proceeding with selective recruitment of high caliber Experienced Professionals in our Deals - Transaction Services team in Athens.
At Deals – Transaction Services you will have the opportunity to work on high profile M&A transactions, to increase your visibility to senior members of our clients management team and build lasting relationships as their trusted advisor. You will also become part of a high achieving, collaborative team which focuses on knowledge sharing, thought leadership and the continuous development of its people through internal and external training and upskilling courses.
The role entails:
- Actively participating in business development efforts including drafting of proposals in the context of tendering for new business;
- Efficient collection and filtering of information through virtual data-rooms and other means;
- Conducting interviews with Target management to understand how businesses operate and how business transactions are reflected in their financial statements;
- Application of common sense / commercial awareness / knowledge obtained during the project to assess the quality and reliability of information supplied;
- Reviewing business, financial and other information (financial statements, industry reports, Information Memoranda etc.) and understanding key business drivers & risks;
- Performing meaningful quantitative and financial analyses in order to identify key business risks and value creation opportunities / upsides;
- Analysing business financial performance, assessing the sustainability of historical profitability (Quality of Earnings analysis) and commenting on the achievability of management’s business plans;
- Reviewing business historical and current financial position, understanding the key drivers of Net Working Capital and identifying cash / debt-like items impacting the EV-to-Equity value bridge;
- Incorporating findings and conclusions appropriately into a key issues oriented report delivered to our clients;
- Undertaking targeted market research on specific industries, companies and / or on regulatory developments relevant to the client / project at hand;
- The position reports directly to the project manager and / or director in charge.
What we are looking for:
- Three (3) to four (4) years of experience in Financial Due Diligence, Business Restructuring, Audit or Financial Planning and Analysis positions;
- Excellent academic records from a top-tier university with background in Accounting and Finance, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline;
- Good knowledge of applicable accounting and reporting standards (e.g. IFRS, New Greek GAAP, Greek chart of accounts) and solid technical accounting and reporting skills (e.g. consolidations, mapping TBs to Financial Statements, Accounts closing procedures, key business cycles);
- Excellent computer skills and an appetite to invest further in own development and digital upskilling; a proficient user of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint etc.); knowledge of Power tools (Pivot, Query, BI), Alteryx or other programming language will be considered an asset;
- Willingness to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- A confident and positive attitude, focused on teamwork and communication with colleagues and clients;
- Excellent financial and business analytical skills;
- Commitment to providing quality work and building strong working relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Ability to express ideas verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise and professional manner, (both in English and Greek);
- Self-motivated and driven individuals, with an entrepreneurial mindset, willing to invest in their own personal upskilling and professional development;
- Military services fulfilled for male candidates.
What’s in it for you
PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality. At PwC, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged and excellence is rewarded.
At PwC, you will have:
- Continuous training and career development opportunities whilst learning from a wide range of top calibre professionals recognised for their excellence in their own field of expertise;
- Opportunities for personal development through constant coaching and support and an environment that fosters continuous learning and innovative thinking;
- Exposure to senior members of our clients’ teams and working on important business transformation projects;
- Be part of the global PwC network of firms that provides challenging opportunities to further your career;
- Work in a multinational environment;
- Global mobility opportunities;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Attractive rewards and recognition schemes;
- Opportunity for rapid career development in a secure and challenging working environment
All applicants will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidentiality.