Fraud & Forensics Senior Associates
Job Description & Summary
At PwC we serve clients and communities around the world, working to achieve our Purpose: to build trust in society and solve important problems. As part of our Purpose, we help our clients to protect the value of their business and organisational reputation by supporting them to prepare for, respond to and emerge stronger from a crisis.
A crisis may take different forms and can shake a business to its core. It could be a corruption scandal that results in material misstatement of a Company’s financial statements, a dispute with a business partner threatening to erode value, a business interruption event that leads to a claim for compensation or widespread fraud that has recently been unearthed. PwC Greece Forensics team helps clients deal with such diverse challenges by applying innovative, creative approaches, by leveraging technology tools and the diverse skills of its local and international network. .
In this dynamic environment we are looking for experienced professionals to join our Fraud & Forensics specialist team in Athens (part of our Advisory Deals business) for the grade of Senior Associate. As part of the team, you will be working with clients across all industries, advising them on challenging situations that are critical for their business and reputation. Due to the confidential nature of our projects, you will be cooperating with senior people from our clients such as C-suite executives (CEO / CFO / CIO), Heads of Compliance / Internal Audit, Legal counsel etc.
The Role entails:
- Being part of the project team working towards the efficient and timely delivery of high profile assignments that indicatively include:
- Forensic investigations (e.g. white-collar crime, corporate fraud);
- Quantification of Damages / Loss of Profit and Claims;
- Reviewing and analysing business plans, forecasts and estimates and presenting findings as Financial Expert witness in Disputes / Arbitrations;
- Leakage Reviews in M&A transactions;
- Supporting clients in Negotiations with business partners, suppliers or clients in Disputes
- Integrity due diligence reviews; and
- Development of Fraud Risk Management and ABAC programs.
- Dealing with sensitive, demanding and often complex situations;
- Demonstrating creative thinking and designing hypothesis based approaches to solving important problems;
- Conducting interviews and attending client meetings;
- Building and maintaining long-lasting relationships with clients;
- Coaching junior team members and playing an active role in their learning and development;
- Assisting in the preparation of pitches and presentations for new work;
- Performing research and participating in product development efforts for client engagement opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- Between 3-6 years working experience in a Big-4 or mid-tier professional services firm in the areas of Forensic Investigations and Dispute Resolution, Business Recovery Services, Audit or Internal Audit;
- Excellent academic track record including a bachelors or postgraduate degree from a top-tier university in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration or other related field;
- An ACA, ACCA, CFE, CIA or equivalent qualification will be considered an asset
- A proficient user of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.) and genuinely interested to develop knowledge of D&A tools (Power Query, Power Pivot, BI, Alteryx) and willing to develop these skills further;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a synthesizer with attention to detail and thinking outside the box mentality;
- Excellent organization skills to manage large volumes of information/data;
- Excellent report writing and data analysis skills;
- Highly motivated candidates with an inquisitive mindset and relentless appetite to solving important problems and finding facts;
- Ability to express ideas verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise and professional manner, in English & in Greek
- Experience in fraud investigations or design and testing of controls to prevent fraud risk or equivalent experience will be considered an asset but is not a prerequisite;
- Solid understanding of financial risks, and business processes and internal controls;
- Military services fulfilled for male candidates.
What’s in it for you:
PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality. At PwC, you will have:
- Continuous training and career development opportunities whilst learning from a wide range of top professionals;
- The chance to handle diverse and high profile projects for big clients;
- The opportunity to enhance your professional network and promoting your personal professional brand in the marketplace;
- The opportunity to develop technical skills in a niche segment of the professional services industry with great personal upside potential;
- Access to a global network of firms and global mobility opportunities;
- Life and medical plan, rewards and recognition schemes, flexible working program, etc.
Who we are
PwC in Greece is the largest professional services firm in the country, with premises in Athens and Thessaloniki and approximately 1200 employees. More than 250,000 people in 158 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. This enables us to provide top-quality industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to our clients.
All applicants will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.