Global Link Operations Client Services, Officer
Global Link (Currenex Singapore), an established and growing e-commerce division of State Street Trust and Bank, is looking for a highly motivated individual for our Trade Operations/Client Services team. We are looking for someone to join our Tokyo team in supporting the users of our Electronic Trading Platform. Primary responsibility will be to provide first level FX Trading application support for our top-tier Japanese financial services customers.
Responsibility for this role includes monitoring daily system operational health and to ensure that all electronic deals executed over our platform are completed in a timely and controlled manner. The position is client facing with a strong emphasis on client services and problem solving/escalation/resolution skills. The ideal candidate must show strong traits in exercising sound judgment, working in a fast pace/high pressure environment, prioritizing tasks, identifying potential problems, learning new concepts, following standard operating procedures and ability to build a good relationship with our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Services Representative you will
- Support users of our electronic trading applications
- Assist with account setup/maintenance, client onboarding, investigate and resolve/escalate system issues and user training for clients
- Performing daily operational checks and monitor application and system health
- Technical Troubleshooting (Login issues, windows/java configuration, FIX and server log research in Unix environment etc.)
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports for customers and senior management
- Handle customer complaints, trade research & resolution
What we value
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- High proficiency in desktop troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of FX financial markets (Minimum of 2 years related experience)
- Call Center experience or similar role is mandatory
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A background in Foreign Exchange or Derivatives with knowledge of FX Trading
- Working knowledge of Unix command lines
- Must be proficient in various Windows Operating Systems
- Able to think quickly, troubleshoot and problem-solve in real-time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational and retention skills, telephone etiquette and listening skills
- Eagerness to learn new products and technology
- Highly motivated individual who is a good team player
- Bilingual (English/Japanese)
- IT knowledge with web application support experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.