Product Development Analyst
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Product Development Analyst!
The Product Development Analyst plays a key role in the definition and development of enhancements to BBH’s Fund Services disciplines globally. Working independently and with multi-domiciliary and multi-disciplinary teams, the Product Development Analyst assists Product Managers in ensuring that BBH meets and understands its client’s product and service expectations. S/he liaises with internal contacts and clients to construct, deliver, and ensure the appropriate decisions are made related to client and product-related technology development, operations processes, new and existing product initiatives, training, and audit and regulatory commitments. S/he incorporates multiple perspectives: market, client, BBH relationship, short and long-term economics, strategic fit, liability, risk, and scale. S/he understands and reviews project plans, participates in all aspects of product delivery, and coordinates with key stakeholders to provide analysis and support. S/he offers solutions through coding of macros, databases, etc. The Product Development Analyst also acts as the point of escalation (technical support) for issues that arise with the tools creates within the business to augment the systems organization supported applications. This role requires strong experience in Fund Accounting and Fund Administration and the broader Service Delivery across varying fund structures. This role will support several functions and departments within Investor Services.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Support Fund Services and ETF business teams by delivering on offline solutions through coding macros/databases/etc that are not supported by core applications;
- Partner with RE, Change Management, and Service Delivery constituents to assist in creating and optimizing service offering and continuously improving efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and controls;
- Participate in analyzing and designing automated solutions to business problems;
- Assist in developing business requirements associated with expanded services or requirements for existing administration applications globally;
- Ensure system specifications meet the defined requirements set and priorities;
- Assist in developing and implementing project plans and in creating documentation related to unit and user testing, user implementation, and ongoing support;
- Design, develop and deliver technical product training globally;
- Participate in the training and support during roll-out of new products and enhancements.
- Interface with Technology, Change Management, and Service Delivery to evaluate, recommend and implement product and platform changes, as well as operational investment via IRG business cases.
- Participate and assist in coordinating strategic client, prospect and industry discussions that showcase BBH expertise, promote BBH products and services and position BBH for long-term opportunities;
- Provide subject matter expertise to Product Managers or Client Service Relationship Managers relating to specific systems products as required;
- Help facilitate RFPs and RFIs as requested;
- Proactively oversee operations service levels by arranging pulse checks, modifying procedures and discussing best practices;
- Seek out and participate in team and interdepartmental projects;
- Ensure global team is updated appropriately with progress and insights.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience;
- 5 years related experience in the financial services industry;
- Ability to create complex macros/databases;
- Ability to conform coding practices to align with department/enterprise methodologies;
- Working knowledge of Fund Services and/or ETF applications;
- Understanding of custody, fund accounting, fund administration and/or ETF applications
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to design, develop and deliver technical training using the global learning approach;
- Aptitude for understanding global business considerations when implementing new business systems;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products;
- Ability to work with business users and systems personnel in a team environment;
- Knowledge and experience preparing and executing test scripts are preferred.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.