Deals, Transaction Services - Valuation - Senior Manager - Egypt
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryDo you have strong financial analysis skills, combined with an ability to see the commercial "Big Picture"? Are you comfortable with financial models but equally interested in the strategic decisions which drive business value? We have an excellent opportunity to join our Dubai office as an experienced Senior Manager in the Valuation’s team.
As part of the leading global valuation practice with over 1,700 dedicated valuation professionals in 50 countries, we have the right people to support clients for various different type of valuation related work. Our Middle East valuations team operates on a regional basis but with team members based in each territory who understand the local market dynamics.
Within the practice, the UAE valuations team represents a group of more than 20 professionals based mainly in the Dubai office, working across various industry verticals as required. We also work collaboratively with the regional valuation team members and provide support on large complex regional valuation engagements. You could be working remotely with colleagues anywhere in the region.
You will enjoy potential for fast personal development in a dynamic team by playing an important role within the local and regional valuations practice. From the outset you will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across industry sectors including company share valuations and/or financial instruments and valuations of intangible assets. Interaction with senior colleagues and senior client individuals will also provide plenty of opportunity for candidates to build business development and marketing skills.
- Assist partners/directors in carrying out complex valuation engagements
- Manage teams, projects and clients on a day to day basis
- Guide the team (managers/senior associates) and review work outputs
- Present valuation findings internally and externally to senior c-suite members of the client’s management
- Build a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally
- Build and develop your own client portfolio
- Assist partners in external and internal business development
- Coach and train junior team members
- Drive certain initiatives alongside the partner in delivering initiatives such as digitalization, value creation etc
- Develop a sector/industry specialization focus
More specifically your role will involve:
- Delivering internal revenue targets assigned to the senior manager grade
- Reviewing financial models as part of the valuation process, and adding appropriate layers of analysis as may be required on the work delivered by the team
- Reviewing detailed financial analysis of market comparable companies across a wide variety of industry sectors
- Reviewing the report which support the valuation conclusion
- Coordinating with colleagues in Tax, Audit and Deals teams to deliver valuations alongside other services provided by PwC.
- Although you would be based in the UAE, a degree of flexibility in travelling between regional offices maybe required as part of the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager level who has an excellent track record and meets the following criteria:
- 7-9 years of previous commercial, client-facing valuation work experience ideally in a big four with sound and in-depth technical and commercial knowledge of valuation concepts
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a managerial role with direct involvement in delivering and managing valuation engagements
- Experience of carrying out valuations for different purposes transactions, financial reporting, disputes etc)
Academic background and proficiency
- ACA, CFA or ACCA qualified and/or Master/Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Hands on financial modelling experience with proficiency in Ms Excel
- Experience with PowerBI, Tableau will be a plus
Other necessary attributes
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Ability to deliver high quality written work
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively in teams on occasion to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Ability to quickly grasp key business drivers and specific valuation issues
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.