Central Compliance Unit - Team Lead of Enhanced Client Periodic Review #173953
Your field of responsibility
This role will focus on the execution and development of the Financial Crime Compliance Program across Credit Suisse Private Banking division especially around the area of Periodic Review Framework and ensure that the Program meets internal and applicable local legal or regulatory requirements and standards.
- The individual will report into CCU Head of ECPR and manage a sub-team of 3-4 or above in Singapore, focusing on sampling reviews of existing relationships.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members and ensure the team’s review quality and standard is aligned.
- Perform reviews of existing accounts across all risk levels on a sampling basis that includes but not limited to Source of Wealth, Source of Funds, KYC Identification, AML, KYC, FATCA, CRS, etc.
- Seek to ensure all risk issues have been appropriately been identified, escalated and relevant approvals have been acquired – PEP, Tax Compliance, Sanctions, Reputational Risk, etc.
- Determine if the risks involved in the relationship are still manageable and if the relationship is worth keeping or not.
- Ensure all existing accounts reviewed satisfy the required standards in relation to Financial Crime Compliance and other regulatory requirements.
Business Engagement and Advisory
- Provide Compliance advice to the PB Business and supporting functions on periodic review matters pertaining to new rules, regulations and initiatives. This includes advising on the relevant impact assessments and implementation.
- Engage PB APAC Competency Centers and other First Line of Defense functions by providing metrics on sampling reviews performed by the team, and updates on key developments to processes and requirements.
Support the design, development and implementation of Global and APAC projects in relation to Periodic Review in both Interim and Future state by providing specialist support and Compliance advice
Support CCU Head of Client Lifecycle PB and Head of ECPR in strategic- initiatives and ensure successful execution of planned deliverables in a timely manner against roadmap.
Your future colleagues
You will join the Compliance Operation with Team members seated in APAC, a cohesive and dynamic team with varied qualifications and background. The Team values open communication and believes in ongoing training, hence team members would be encouraged to share knowledge and experience, and every member will be given opportunities to learn and grow with the Team.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Bachelor of Law/Accounting/Business/Economics/Finance and related academic qualification.
- At least 6-8 years of relevant AML/KYC experience within Private/Wealth Management Bank.
- Solid grasp of AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg).
- Dedicated and a self-starter, with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong analytical ability, and a problem solver with the ability to think out of the box.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key internal clients including business, client onboarding, operations and other general counsel colleagues etc.
- Can multi-task and prioritize as well as work under pressure
- Experience in dealing with the regulators and auditors would be preferable.
- Strong VBA or Excel macro knowledge would also be preferable
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.