Our client is an independent financial advisory firm specialising in retirement planning, wealth management, family and business protection and mortgage advice. They have been providing advice to their clients in and around Bishop's Stortford for more over 20 years
As a Paraplanner you will be working with an existing paraplanner and two advisers and administrators in the team. You will be a point of contact for clients and you will represent the company whilst being able to demonstrate and communicate technical knowledge where needed. It will be your responsibility to work with advisers in meetings, research, report writing and plan review work.
- Attend meetings with advisers, take minutes and lay out course of action for the team (and the clients if applicable).
- Liaise with clients' accountants and solicitors where necessary.
- Be a main point of contact for clients alongside advisers and answer their queries as far as possible to reduce adviser time spent on telephone queries.
- Make sure client is kept informed (often by monitoring contact is maintained by other members of staff when a case is with them).
- Undertake product research across the whole of the market, in areas such as Pensions, Investments and Protection.
- Undertake fund research (using analytics), sometimes putting together bespoke fund recommendations (using Enable's in-house asset allocation as a guide), followed by writing the switch recommendation letter to be signed off by the adviser.
- Make plan, performance and charges comparisons.
- Undertake calculations such as Capital Gains tax calcs on withdrawals/ tax calculations on lump sums from Drawdown accounts.
- Be a central figure in the team to ensure that cases are managed as they make their way around the team (from administrator doing LOAs, to paraplanner to do research, to adviser signing off a report).
- Build Voyant plans and make bespoke analysis based on the client's objectives. Use the tool to assess capacity for loss and impact of an action on the lifetime financial plans of the client, for Enable's peace of mind when considering making a recommendation.
- Write suitability reports - based on in-house templates, however sometimes you may need to tailor or adapt the reports for some applications.
- Support the administrative team, ensuring that all systems, software and processes are understood in full in order that work can be picked up when the team are extremely busy, or when certain staff members are absent.
- Take the details of an initial query from a new lead by telephone and be able to explain Enable's way of working and charging structure on request.
In order to be considered for the role you will:
- Have previously worked within an IFA or Wealth Management environment and ideally have completed the Level 4 Dip PFS qualification or be working towards it
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills as you will be dealing with clients on a daily basis
- Be well organised and IT Literate
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload, all the time managing the Adviser's expectations.
Competitive salary plus benefits