Position: Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Reports to: Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Direct Reports: Yes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: 3880 N Mission Los Angeles, CA 90031
FOREVER 21, is an American fast fashion retailer headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Originally known as Fashion 21, the first store was founded in Los Angeles on April 16, 1984. Forever 21 is known for its trendy offerings and low pricing. The company offers fashion for women, men, and children, fashion accessories, shoes, beauty products, and home goods.
Forever 21 continues to be a fashion industry leader with a mission to make the latest trends accessible to all. F21 persists on staying ahead of innovation and providing styles and fit that our customers love. While reinventing for now and beyond, we're seeking passionate and creative new family members to join us on this adventure! F21 continues to operate E–commerce and 450 locations across the U.S. along with maintaining a strong brand DNA with consumers and within the fashion industry.
In February 2020, Forever 21 came under new ownership made up of Simon Property Group, Brookfield Property Partners, and Authentic Brands Group. Under this new ownership F21 has the financial strength and long term view that will prepare us for the future, while continuing to set the same high standards as it always has. Join our team and learn the inner sanctum of the global fashion industry, while we build the new Forever 21!
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will assist the Director of FP&A in the overall management of the department. The Manager will be responsible for forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and month–end reporting. The Manager will also be responsible for delivering value–added business analysis as well as providing financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for both new and existing projects.
- Collaborate with the Director of FP&A to provide financial support for new business developments and growth initiatives
- Complete evaluations and make recommendations to executive leadership on methods to improve and sustain top line sales
- Perform industry and competitor analysis to identify trends, opportunities and threats in order to build financial models to assess retail business cases
- Oversee the preparation of periodic performance and financial reports and departmental budgets and forecasts
- Analyze and compare monthly results against budget, forecast and other internal benchmarks; prepare appropriate variance explanations and highlighting issues
- Partner with accounting to review and analyze monthly results
- Work with department leaders to identify operational KPIs and analyze performance against targets
- Drives continuous improvement in processes for FP&A and operations
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting; CPA certification or MBA preferred
- Must have 7+ years of experience in financial management and planning with a proven track record of conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analyses; previous retail experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges and formulate solutions
- Ability to present solutions effectively and influence decisions at all levels of an organization Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting processes
- Strong understanding of GAAP and how it applies to financial planning and analysis
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to build complex financial models (business valuation, scenario planning, capital budgeting, cost of capital, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be technically adaptable and knowledgeable of Business Intelligence systems