Senior Fund Accounting Manager with Italian, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Client Group Manager is a key position within State Street Bank, taking responsibility for the servicing of a number of client relationships. The CGM has direct responsibility for the fund groups servicing the clients that are each headed by an Account Manager. The position of CGM therefore requires an attention to both staff management and client service.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Fund Accounting Manager you will be responsible for
- Customer Interaction: Serves as a source of technical information to answer and assist with client questions regarding Product Types & structures, Basic regulatory issues, Compliance Issues, Industry developments, Operational Issues, Risk Issues
- Management Reporting: Prepares annual budget input as requested, Prepares Controls status report, Prepares Loss Exposure report, Advises Comptroller of potential losses., Reviews overdraft reporting, KPI Reporting in collaboration with counterparts in other sites
- Maintaining controls
- Participating in department projects and meetings
- Budget setting and profitability
- Resolving complex problems
- Client Relations
- People Management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Experience in managing teams
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to “make things happen”
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Fluency in oral and written English and Italian is required
- Specialist experience in the area of fund of funds and fund of hedge funds would be an asset
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operations or audit in collective investments, preferably with considerable client interaction
- Knowledge of Italian market would be considered to be an advantage
- A business-related degree or accountancy qualification would be an asset
- Flexible working hours (subject to the existing business needs)
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home (subject to existing business needs)
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.