Associate - Finance
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
As a member of the PwC Malaysia Finance team, your role is to assist in the following key activities for a number of PwC entities / joint ventures. This is an internal client facing role.
- Perform daily accounting operations, including posting journal entries, and reconciling between subsidiary and general ledgers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the trial balance and general ledger, including keeping accurate records of fixed assets, account payable, net investment and bank accounts.
- Handle full set of accounts, tax computation and costing.
- Responsible for yearly statutory audit.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc management reports.
- Prepare monthly and yearly accounts management reports.
- Arrange for billing and receipts of administrative expenses.
- Help to manage working capital and cash flow.
- Ensure adherence to company policies.
- Liaise with auditors / tax agents / bankers / head office / regional offices / global finance teams.
- Provide support as and when needed on ad-hoc assignments.
- Report to Senior Manager, Finance.
- Bachelor of accounting or related professional qualifications.
- At least 1 - 2years of working experience.
- Good command of written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for details.
- Good work organisation skills, is self motivated, proactive and willing to work under pressure in an individual or team capacity.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customers and delivery of a quality service is key.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, and preferable Oracle Financial.
Additional application instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.