Collateral Services Specialist, Senior Associate
Collateral management main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counterparties. The daily calculations are based on MTM of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counterparties the Collateral team in Kraków ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed.
As Collateral Services Specialist you will
- Participate/coordinate in processes on-boarding, testing
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit’s work
- Oversee and support ad hoc client requests resolution
- Build macros, support macro maintenance and coordination with GMAS
- Project, build and implement new solutions
- Take ownership for project management and execution of transition activity
- Build new tools, coordinate implementation of improvements; lead testing
- Support macro maintenance
- Independently review and document process flows/ procedures and contribute new ideas/improvements to further streamline the process
- Get involved in departmental and external ad-hoc projects
- Train and develop other team members
- Be a change agent, support LEAN efforts
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in asset management industry or banking or finance is required
- University degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting is preferred
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and Outlook; PowerPoint and Word will be an advantage
- Numeracy skills; attention to details
- Accuracy and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Understanding of financial markets basics
- Good command of English; effective communication, ability to write official documents
- Ability to collaborate and teamwork; organizational skills; supervising group of specialist if need be
- Experience in finance or other related area is a plus
- Knowledge of OTC markets/ derivatives instruments or VBA would be an advantage
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.