Consultant, Financial Control, Hedge Fund Services
Job Description: Consultant
The job involves working for Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services, a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic member in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background and the ability to work well with others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review month end net asset valuation packages
- Prepare and/or review regulatory filings on behalf of client, as necessary (e.g. Form PF, CPO-PQR, AIFMD)
- Prepare and/or review year-end Financial Statements and work directly with external auditors and client to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual reports
- Interact with client and other shared services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities on a month to month basis
- Work integrally with international partners to troubleshoot queries and provide feedback related to the compilation of the month end net asset valuation packages
- Work closely with technology resources to problem solve
- Assist with the accounting responsibilities related to new fund launches
- Participate within Financial Control working groups responsible for executing strategic initiatives
- Consistently look to streamline and automate the reporting/analytical process with the use of technology
Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment
- Client focused
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting, Master’s degree a plus
- CPA designation a plus
- Experience with Investment Management and/or Financial Services; Hedge Fund specific a plus
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.