Associate 2 - Financial Reporting
Set up and maintain reporting binders for each fund during a reporting cycle. Ensure all documentation used to calculate and support all financial statement disclosures is received and is accurate. Research and resolve all issues as applicable. Prepare periodic financial statements:
- Perform planning procedures in order to identify any issues prior to the reporting cycle commencing and work with applicable parties to resolve.
- Coordinate the receipt of reports, extracts and other information from internal and external parties.
- Perform a detailed review of the general ledger balances, identifying issues and initiating the resolution of those issues with applicable parties.
- Ensure the accuracy and reasonability of amounts disclosed in the financial statements.
- Draft financial statements disclosures based Investment Company U.S.GAAP requirements.
- Follow all procedures regarding financial statements preparation and sign off on all required checklists.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to procedures based on knowledge and experience obtained during preparation process.
- Strictly adhere to production calendars and internal deadlines to ensure that deadlines are met and assignments are completed in a timely manner.
Coordinate distribution of financial statements:
- Assemble financial statements draft, all supporting documentation and calculations
- Coordinate the receipt of comments on financial statements drafts from external (and internal) parties. Ensure the timely research, resolution and processing of comments.
- Test new Financial Reporting applications and financial statement templates. Identify and resolve issues as they arise. Suggest process improvements (enhanced automation, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field plus 1- 2 years related experience.
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time / project management skills (ability to meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.)
- Attention to detail.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, have the ability to work in a deadline oriented group with peak period workflow.
- Prior Fund Accounting and/or Financial Reporting experience preferred. Overtime may be required.
- Reports to Financial Reporting Senior Specialist / Assistant Manager
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.