JOB DESCRIPTION: BUSINESS ANALYST
LOCATION: DUBLIN CITY CENTRE OFFICE
CONTRACT: FULL TIME/ FIXED TERM- 24 MONTHS
RESPONSIBLE FOR: FINANCIAL MODELLING AND BUSINESS PLAN
This role will involve providing expert and professional guidance to the Association on all matters relating to Financial modelling and to ensure that our Financial Modelling and related Business Plans are well managed, and any variances investigated and reported to the Financial Planning and Compliance Manager. The Business Analyst will help to design, document and maintain system processes for Financial models and Business Plans and support Business development, maintaining existing and developing new cash flow models to support new unit acquisition and Leasing for both Social and Affordable Housing.
They will communicate key financial findings to the Financial Planning and Compliance Manager. They will be reporting directly to the Financial Planning and Compliance Manager in preparing 5 -year Business plans and 30 -year Financial projections (Updating monthly as required) using current modelling tool Brixx
- Bi-Annual Business Plans, liaising with all departments.
- Assisting with Housing Finance Agency (HFA) Annual return and Housing Regulator Annual returns.
- Assisting in formulation of 5 year and 30- year plans, liaising with consultants where necessary.
- Liaising with the development department to ensure that the Pamwin information received for Financial planning is complete
- Assisting with the review of cashflow appraisals and developing cashflow models.
- Benchmarking broad performance with other Approved Housing Bodies through Annual Financial Statements.
- Attending industrial related seminars and courses
Professional & Technical Competencies
- Fully Qualified Accountant with experience working in a Business environment (Ideally with Investment appraisal knowledge).
- Previous experience of construction industry or housing association would be useful, though not essential, but must have solid experience of between 3 to 5 years within Business. Reporting and developing KPIs and trend analysis.
- Previous ownership of modelling cashflows.
- Knowledge of Brixx Modelling or similar modelling programme.
- Excellent Excel Modelling skills (ideally including Macros), together with MS Access and MS Powerpoint skills
- Contribute as to the work of other Departments as require in pursuance of specific objectives, developing good lines of communication.
- Keep abreast of and interpret changes in legislation relating to areas of regulatory and Operational procedures.
- Deputise for the Financial Planning and Compliance Manager when required.
- Positively promote the Company whenever possible.
- Be aware of and act in accordance with Health & Safety Policy.
- Conduct all activities in a manner which is safe to yourself and others.
- Undertake any other occasional duties which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post as directed.
This job description is not restrictive and will be subject to periodic review.