UKI - FAAS- Commodities - Senior Manager
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our London-based Commodities Markets team as we continue to grow and develop in this space. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight and become a part of our growing niche audit offering that is sector specific. It will also give you the opportunity to address clients’ challenges in converting from GAAP to IFRS, advising on financial accounting excellence and GAAP conversions, and accounting for transactions including IPOs. You’ll also be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) & Commodities Markets
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams of clients to address risks arising from accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through challenges in the changing economic and regulatory environment.
Commodities Markets (CM) is a specialization within FAAS, focused on clients active in trading gas, power, oil, metals, agriculture, chemical and related products. Our clients include:
- Global trading houses specializing in trading commodities
- Trading divisions of large conglomerates, consumer goods and industrial companies buying and selling commodities
- Financial trading and broking companies
- Industry bodies and infrastructure providers in the sector
Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, the team deliver four key services, Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Advisory and Risk consulting and Business Transformation. The team provide a ‘one-stop shop’ service across Commodity Trading finance and operations.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Managing and contributing to the delivery of a range of projects focussing on financial audit
- Building relationships with clients across commodity-based industries
- Working with a variety of clients, providing practical solutions for complex accounting problems;
To qualify for the role you must have
- Honors degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Proven project management skills
- Technical knowledge and significant experience delivering audit within the banking and capital markets, metals and mining, oil and gas or energy sectors
- Exposure to the financial services or commodities trading sector is preferred. This experience may have been gathered through exposure to professional services (audit, consulting, technology, out-sourcing) or operational roles in trading houses or banks.
- Demonstrated interest in commodities trading sector through education, work or extra-curricular experience
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident, independent and adaptable
- Previous experience at seasoned Manager level or a Senior Manager level is expected
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
- We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.