Part-Qualified Audit and Accounts Senior
Robb Ferguson is an independent firm of Chartered Accountants based in Glasgow’s city centre. Our 3 partners and 6 managers are supported by approximately 30 members of staff working across our core service areas. We have been advising clients for over 130 years, helping them to achieve their business goals. We are proud to be one of Scotland’s oldest firms of Chartered Accountants, but in equal measure, are proud to be vibrant and forward-thinking. We have shaped our services around our client needs, and our focus is in delivering the highest standards in all that we do. We offer a full spectrum of support, compliance, and advisory services to clients of all sizes and in most industry sectors throughout Scotland.
About the role
It is an exciting time to be joining us. We are growing our teams across all areas of our practice as we continue to invest in people, skills, and technology to meet the ongoing and ever-changing requirements of our clients and to meet increased demand for our services.
As an Audit and Accounts Senior, you will work on a variety of assignments and as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
In more detail:
- Key member of accounting and assurance team, including leading various assignments.
- Preparing final accounts for a variety of entities including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Assisting clients on set up of computerised accounting systems.
- Preparation of tax computations.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Attending meetings with clients to discuss their accounts and advise on business matters.
- Briefing, supervision, and “on the job” training for of members of staff.
- Day-to-day point of contact for clients, ensuring delivery of excellent client service.
- Part qualified CA, ACCA or AAT.
- Experience in accounts preparation gained through working in a professional accounting firm.
- IT - proficient in the use of SAGE, QuickBooks, Xero and professional accounts production software.
- Be able to perform under pressure.
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail.
- Practical knowledge of UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Practical experience of using software systems in the preparation of audit files, financial statements and audit working papers.
- Audit experience of OMB and charity/ not for profit entities.
And in return:
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Studying support towards professional exams
- Ongoing professional development.
- Career progression opportunities.