Joining as an integral hire at an innovative and unique firm of accountants. Progress, develop, and grow your skill set,
Michael Page is partnering with a leading, innovative independent practice who are looking to recruit a Junior Bookkeeper to join as a pivotal hire. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Bookkeeper professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Junior Bookkeeper position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- General accounting and bookkeeping work for a range of clients;
- Preparation of VAT returns;
- Bank analysis;
- Processing monthly journal entries to clients' accounting systems i.e. QuickBooks and Xero;
- Prepare annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies;
- Establish a professional and confident working relationship with clients, dealing with telephone enquiries, and escalating queries.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Junior Bookkeeper role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- 1-2 years of either practice or industry bookkeeping experience;
- Experience in QuickBooks or Xero accounting systems;
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team;
- The ability to take responsibility and use their own initiative to resolve problems and issues;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail; and
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience);
Agile working hours;
Regular social activities within the department and across the wider business;
Study support if required;
Great office location;
Well established, supportive team; and