Sr Analyst, Fin Reporting - GFS Manila Lux Fin Rptg
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The team is responsible for the preparation of financial statements, schedule of investments, significant acquisitions and disposals and explanatory notes on the same (including preparation and review of tax reporting data due to tax agents), for mutual funds, hedge funds and/or fund of hedge fund clients.
Financial statements are prepared on a cyclical basis (for example; quarterly, semi-annual or annually) depending on the team in accordance with regulatory guidelines in the home country (for example: UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland and U.S). The preparation is based on a set processes and procedures and the job holder will be required to adhere to these processes in completing day to day tasks.
Once financial statement is prepared, the team will analyse and research for any discrepancies before sending to the home country for review. The Analyst will correct any discrepancies/issues identified and communicated by the home country before closure. Due to the cyclical nature of the activities, it is anticipated that there will be peak periods of work and the job holder may be required to undertake additional working hours to ensure tasks are completed to the appropriate deadlines.
- Prepare and initially review financial statements and related workings using the information received internally from other supporting functions. Close attention to detail required.
- Work closely with the team to resolve queries
- Update procedures/processes as instructed
- Ensure compliance with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies
- Effect review comments from supervisor or peers on the output submitted
- Complete deliverables according to agreed schedules, ensure checklists are prepared for review
- Raise to manager or supervisor any potential process improvements to reduce risk and develop efficiency of function
- Properly and timely escalate any operational risks and issues
- Assist and help more junior team members in their development through continuous coaching and training. Helping decide on training needs for the team.
- Leadership/People Management – contributes to the team’s motivation.
- Focused Client Relationships – strong client servicing mind set and skills
- Personal Courage – Adaptable to change, adopting new processes and seeks continuous development opportunities, shows accountability to ensure targets are achieved
- Excellence in Execution – Quality & deadline focused, strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, strong attention to detail
- Diversity, Inclusion & Respect – demonstrates a polite and friendly manner when working with colleagues and clients, works to assist others in a courteous manner
- Innovative Thinking – ability to identify and communicate ways to improve processes, services and drive productivity
- Effective Communication – communicates effectively (verbal and written) up to senior levels
- Northern Trust Savvy – Demonstrates good knowledge of Northern Trust and builds knowledge of function (post joining) including standard, processes/procedures required for tasks and has the ability to impart this knowledge effectively with more junior staff members
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 2 years of financial statement preparation or financial reporting in an Audit Firm, or financial institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly desirable
- Background and experience in tax and regulatory reporting preferred
- Experience on transitions / consolidation of various systems and completing necessary reconciliations (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of accounting and regulatory concepts, financial instruments and products acquired through studies and related work experience
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne fund accounting platform or Confluence/FundARC Suite financial reporting systems advantageous. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word essential Knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP, Lux GAAP, Swiss GAAP & IFRS through studies and/or work experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of related systems: Bloomberg, Reuters (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation and externally, fluent English necessary.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.