Manager – Tax Advisory / M&A – Tax & Finance Operate - Alternative Investments - EMEIA Tax Centre
Manager – Tax Advisory / M&A – Tax & Finance Operate - Alternative Investments - EMEIA Tax Centre - Open to flexible working
The Tax & Finance Operate, Alternative Investments (TFO-AI) team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Centre (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated centre of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 500+ talented ETC professionals are based in 22 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
There is currently a need for Senior Managers/Managers to join a growing TFO-AI practice based in London. TFO-AI provides end-to-end tax advisory and transaction tax services throughout the lifecycle of real estate, infrastructure, private equity, and private credit funds in a globally integrated approach.
This is an opportunity to build strong relationships with clients and gain a real insight into the private funds sector, with a particular focus on real estate, infrastructure, private equity, and private credit funds. Many TFO-AI engagements last several years, enabling you to work closely with your clients as an extension of their tax teams and the business. In delivering these services, the TFO-AI team works closely with transaction teams, legal advisors and client deal teams across EMEIA, the US and other parts of the world.
As part of the TFO-AI team, you will advise clients and support on transactions across multiple industries and jurisdictions. In addition to your exposure to a wide range of tax technical issues, you will also obtain a commercial understanding of what is important to our clients in managing and operating investment funds and the investments that they make. As our work is primarily cross-border in nature, you will also have ample opportunity to work on projects involving international structures and gain exposure to a variety of tax regimes across Europe, often giving consideration to the impact of US tax treatment. This role will include providing tax advisory services and support across the investment lifecycle, including:
- the structuring and formation of new investment funds and similar investment products
- investment transactions (acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings and refinancing) and
- winding down the funds once all investments have been exited.
This role also requires ongoing support of the client tax advisory team in the monitoring of changes in the international tax landscape and implementation of tax risk management processes, including:
- periodic review of investment structures, corporate governance and the tax impact of changes in investment business plans
- ad-hoc support on tax audits and tax litigation
- design and review of client tax risk policies and processes
- ad-hoc support on tax rulings and tax authority engagement
- determination of tax implications of legislative changes and implementation of fund restructures
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager/Manager, you will be a primary point of contact for the client tax advisory team and business unit deal teams. You will build and maintain key client relationships, by delivering exceptional client service, and manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business-driven approach is taken.
Additionally, you will be central to the development strategy, management of team operations and engagement budgets, as well as the identification of cross-selling opportunities using your knowledge gained from other projects, from our firm-wide knowledge sharing sessions and technical training.
You will manage and develop junior staff through effective supervising, coaching and mentoring and support the TFO-AI team’s Partners and Directors in their business development activities across EMEIA and globally.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in working with teams in multiple countries
- Problem solving capabilities
- Team player with ability to create, sustain effective teams Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Natural drive to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
To qualify for this role, you must have
- Accounting or tax qualification (ACA/ACCA/CTA/ATT or overseas equivalent); or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experience in UK Transaction Tax (M&A tax) and/or International Tax
- Experience working in an Accounting, Tax or Law firm
- Or working experience within one of these industries
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous exposure to the real estate, private equity, infrastructure or private credit funds industry
- Project management skills
- The ability to lead and delegate
What we look for
People who want to get the best out of themselves and are interested in developing their skills and gaining exposure to various tax areas, by becoming involved in service solutions from an private fund’s inception to exit.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.