Experienced - Associate/Senior Associate (TS)
2 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
DescriptionTransaction Services specialises in carrying out due diligence for clients who are looking to acquire (buy-side) or divest (sell-side) companies and businesses.
Our buy-side transaction services include financial, tax, commercial and operational due diligence. These help our clients identify the key issues and potential risks in the target’s business, including quality of earnings, quality of assets, customer and supplier matters, achievement of synergies, financial reporting, tax and accounting structuring, achievement of projections, and integration risk assessment. Buy-side transaction clients are broadly classified as financial buyers (private equity funds) and corporate buyers.Sell-side transactions services assist sellers in planning and implementing a broad range of divestiture-related activities from presale evaluation through closing and post-closing requirements, while addressing complex accounting issues and financial reporting matters encountered at every stage of the divestiture process. Our assistance is designed to protect sellers against value erosion and capture more value from the sales process. These engagements can provide a range of pre/post-transaction support to the seller including, but not limited to:
- Conducting a rapid assessment and presale due diligence to highlight issues likely to be raised by buyers, information requirements, and timeline implications
- Assisting client management with its data room and data book preparation
- Assisting client management with carve-out financial statement preparation
- Providing input into legal agreements and purchase price adjustments
- Assisting with separation planning and execution
- Providing technical accounting and tax advice.
- Lead individual work stream / sections and support project manager to achieve the objectives of the engagement
- Analyze target company data to identify historical and projected financial trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and risks which may impact valuation and negotiation of the proposed transaction
- Coordination of due diligence activities and interface with senior executives of clients and target companies
- Plan and perform research and analysis to support project and practice development work, presentations, proposal development and report writing
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant working experience preferably in financial audit, M&A, deal origination and/or financial/tax due diligence.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Accounting professional qualification in ICAEW / ACCA /ASCPA / MICPA or equivalent.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player with high initiative and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.