IED, MSET Execution, Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities.
The Firm’s equity Sales & Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content, and create product solutions to help our clients generate alpha.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work as Execution Consultant on the Morgan Stanley Electronic Trading (MSET) desk. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive candidates who have an excellent understanding of EMEA and MENA market structure from an electronic trading perspective. At the same time, the candidate must be a team player, able to work effectively and collaborate with colleagues across the firm.
Qualified candidates have a strong background in market structure, electronic trading, business analysis, technical writing, and cross-team coordination and communication. The successful candidate must be able to understand complex market structure, market regulation, manage numerous simultaneous projects, and be an active contributor to strategic and technical discussions.
This is an opportunity to be part of fast-moving and growing business producing innovative technology focused trading solutions, while interfacing with Morgan Stanley’s clients and technology teams.
MSET Execution Consultant Responsibilities:
The primary role for this position is to ensure that the MSET client offering is appropriately managed from a platform and trading risk perspective. The role responsibilities can be decomposed as follows:
- Build deep relationships with Morgan Stanley’s clients as subject matter expert for market evolution and regulatory change.
- Supply Morgan Stanley’s clients and trading desks with market structure content and provide execution consultancy covering industry and market direction, product enhancements and strategic product direction
- Understand the client investment decision (and associated work flow) and create risk controlled services that meet the client objectives
- Understanding trading behavior changes required in response to market structure changes and special market events
- Ownership of the Firm’s Equity external venue relationships including:
- Gathering market intelligence to better service clients and adapt our plant to market changesIncreasing liquidity capture on venues by adapting Morgan Stanley’s platform to utilise new book structures and order types
- Utilize a deep understanding of the European markets to spot opportunities for clients that would generate PBT
- Work with other Product Managers and Desk Strategist within MSET and others desks in IED and contribute towards MSET business initiatives in their product space
MSET Execution Consultant Skills:
- Extensive relevant experience in execution consultancy on multi asset classes (Equities, Derivatives and Swaps).
- Knowledge of European market structure and how this shapes client investment decisions
- Knowledge of European regulatory and compliance landscape
- Experience of client execution consultancy, provide advice on European regulation, market structure, MSET products and execution strategies.
- Professional functional specification, use case, process flow diagram and product documentation writing
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize numerous simultaneous large projects, small tasks and ad-hoc requests
- Ability to work independently and to drive projects to completion, while proactively ensuring project teams and relevant stakeholders are kept up to date and expectations properly managed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to succinctly articulate complex concepts
- Strong client facing communication skills and an ability to disseminate complex information clearly
- Effective time management, relationship management, negotiation and prioritization skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.