Market Risk Analyst
What is the role?
The purpose of this role is to manage risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, and drive understanding of the design and utilization of VaR, stress testing, and scenario analysis. This role will also identify, develop, and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for the Shell Trading. This role primarily supports the SIETCO Crude and Products Trading business but will assist in a number of regional and global reporting responsibilities.
- Risk identification: model & portfolio assumptions and market inputs, pricing issues, valuation parameters, and instrument types
- Foster the significant relationship with the product control team, linking the market risk component of this role to the product control function performed within the finance operations center
- Assist in the development of monitoring tools that complement and enhance existing risk metrics in visualization and measurement of market risk metrics
- Support the review of trading activities and maintain accuracy of price curves
- Develop tools for on-going portfolio reviews and produce “deep dive” analysis for senior management
- Drive understanding of the design and utilization of methodologies to assess risk/reward of the portfolio, including VaR back-testing / Stress Testing / Scenario Analysis / pricing for liquidity
- Collaborate with IT and other staff to identify, develop and implement systems efficiencies and reporting capabilities for market risk
- Manage user testing of systems functionality and enhancements while providing feedback to key stakeholders
- This role will provide risk management expertise in complex areas and should be able to manage their own work with limited supervision
What we need from you:
- Degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, business/commerce or a related field
- Energy industry experience of 5 to 8 years preferred, with background in derivatives trading or physical crude/products
- Understanding of energy, freight & derivative markets and market Risk Management fundamentals
- Knowledge of Value at Risk measure
- Understanding of Fair Value and Derivative recognition concepts
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using Risk Management systems highly advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships
- Self motivated individual who functions well in a team environment
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.