Financial Controller - Commercial Financial Reporting
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Senior Finance Management team at a FTSE 100 company!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance Senior Management team. Working closely with the Commercial Financial Controllers and Finance Director, you will play a key role in the financial reporting of the business, both internally and externally.
Preparing the numbers is just part of the job of Finance at Next. How we interpret and explain those numbers internally and write about them externally, to shareholders and investors, is something that we pride ourselves in.
In this role, you will be involved in coordinating and preparing written communications on the finances of the business and assisting with external investor queries. Using your commercial acumen and experience, you will also assist Senior Management with adhoc projects that may arise throughout the year, and provide insight to Management through external research.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high profile management role which provides commercial and financial insight to Senior Management and external stakeholders.
So, what will you actually be doing?
The financial calendar of: weekly sales reviews, monthly management accounts reviews, seasonal budgets, board papers, quarterly trading statements and bi-annual results announcements to the City will structure the role.
For all key events, you will be reviewing, interpreting, challenging the numbers and providing relevant commentary on sales, profit, margins, balance sheet and cash flow.
As part of the Senior Management team, you will also deputise where required and be involved in the day-to-day activities of the Commercial Finance teams.
Working with a high degree of commercial acumen, financial know-how, and attention to detail, you will provide a key role in the control structure of the Finance department.
So what are we looking for?
- An experienced financial manager or market analyst with excellent communication skills and experience of report writing.
- An ambitious qualified accountant with strong analytical skills and ability to prioritise workloads to ensure key tasks are achieved to the highest standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Are you a qualified accountant or market analyst with demonstrable experience in commercial finance in a large organisation?
- Are you a strong leader who is able to present influence across all levels of the organisation?
- Do you have strong technical expertise and experience of financial modelling, writing and presentation?
- Company Car
- Fuel Allowance
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Business Dress Allowance
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 28th May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.