Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
To get the job that you'll love
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees are what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own ideas and opinions to the table. We want people who are dynamic and proactive in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We are looking for someone who wants to join likeminded individuals to develop a specialist VAT team which is widely recognised as being the best locally and nationally.
As a VAT Senior you will work with colleagues locally and nationally to provide specialist support and advice to clients across the entire business spectrum in the UK and overseas. You will be required to work both individually and as part of a collaborative team according to each assignment and client needs. You will have the opportunity to experience and develop knowledge of a wide range of business activities and sectors including corporate/commercial, charities and not for profit, public sector and international goods and services. You will have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and practical experience of VAT of VAT legislation and procedures and be encouraged to develop skills that will allow you to take more responsibility and a greater role in the delivery of services and advice to clients.
In terms of qualifications, you will ideally be ATT qualified or qualified by experience. You may also be working towards CTA (or want to do so). Your personal training and development will be structured and mapped in a personal development plan. Your career journey will include mentorship by the management team and the development of complimentary soft skills. Mentorship and coaching will continue to support you as your journey continues beyond formal qualifications.
A note from the Hiring Manager
“This is a wonderful opportunity to work in an established and developing team, with an extensive client base in the UK and beyond. Our clients cover the entire business spectrum, from start-up businesses to Aim Listed clients. Our work is always varied and interesting. The continued development and growth of the company and the VAT team will ensure that we all develop and grow as individuals too.
We are looking for someone who is keen to develop themselves and their career with us. This would be an ideal position for someone who wants to have the support and ability to benefit from being part of a local and national team but have the opportunity to develop their individual role and reputation."
What's in it for you?
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- Excellent annual leave + bank holidays - Time for you to focus on your family and what's important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Agile Working - We're on a mission to give you back your time.
- Flexible Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Lead Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can plan both a career and a family
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support, not only for your professional qualifications, but also for your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
Our values are our motivation
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?
Why join the Azets family?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.