Financial Specialist with German
*The purpose of this position is to be a key team player in supporting the process related activities and acting as a first point of contact for the Trading Settlements team members and external Stakeholder for any operational (process) matters. A Specialists acts as a role model presenting One Finance behaviors.
A Specialist is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and process compliance as well as maintaining a high quality control framework, identifying the areas for improvement and automation, but also presenting the ideas to solve a problem and document it as per internal requirements.
Shell Trading provides a comprehensive portfolio of products and services associated with crude oil and refined products, natural gas, electrical power, emissions, chemicals trading including shipping services. Currently the Trading Settlements activities are broadly divided into two areas, North America (NA) and WONA (World outside NA).
- To ensure settlements are made on-time in line with the agreed metrics, KPIs and service standards.
- To be responsible for period end close (on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis) activities were required.
- To handle the account reconciliation process (both analyse & review/approve) according to BlackLine guidance
- To ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained properly as per requirements (Timeliness & Accuracy).
- To follow the escalation matrix defined for the process. To resolve process/IT issues both within and outside Finance as well as with support from Process Owner Organisation / CI Organisation.
- To demonstrate the ownership and accountability for the end to end process. To ensure business requirements are appropriately assimilated into functional process operations.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To have excellent accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Account Payables & Receivables processes.
- To demonstrate excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- To demonstrate fluency in both German and English on B2/C1 level.
- To have Professional or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or other equivalent related business degree.
- To demonstrate Continuous Improvement mindset and to have proven experience in that area.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.