Commodities Junior Sales Assistant
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Securitized Products Group is a market leader across a broad range of asset classes including the residential real estate, commercial real estate, transportation and corporate sectors, with expertise in securitization, financing solutions, and other investor products.
The Global Markets Group (GMG) is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
This role will require the individual to support the Commodities sales team on a wide array of tasks ranging from more administrative issues to front line, market-related. Candidate will work with team across regions and must be flexible with working hours and communicate well. Candidate must be able to work well under pressure and be able to manage his/her workflow optimally.
Primary role is to assist the team with market requirements such as
- End-to-end client servicing / independently managing the onboarding process, migration of client accounts to different entities, trade booking etc.
- Work closely and independently with various documentation, risk, settlement teams for items above
- Routine and ad-hoc Pitch book preparation and market reports
- Prepare market commentary and trade ideas
- Trade modelling/analysis (Modeling of credit exposures, PE 95 calculations, ROE calculations etc)
- Run correlation analysis and perform statistical analysis across different products
- Build and manage analytical tools used to support traders with real time analysis of petrochemicals markets
- Work closely with the Sales team to find new clients and identify potential hedging requirements
Candidate should be able to:
- Good understanding and interest in Financial Markets and Commodities
- Must have attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Organizational skills
- Must be confident and able to communicate well.
- Ability to collaborate information, interpret and draw tradeable conclusions
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office, especially Powerpoint and Excel for spreadsheet analysis work, essential
- Minimum 3 years of experience in FID