Bookkeeping Senior - Accountancy Services, Business Services, Accountant, Bookkeeping, Bookkeeper
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
To get the job that you'll love
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees are what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We are looking for someone who want to be more than just a team member, but who wants to join a family of likeminded individuals.
As part of your role as a Bookkeeping Senior you will work closely with a range of different clients from multiple different sectors to provide a seamless virtual finance service. Your main duties will include- preparing information for VAT returns, assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts, preparing income and expense analysis, liaising with clients to complete fillings and answer any queries and working on cloud accounting software. In addition, you will also be required to review and oversee the work of junior staff.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a Bookkeeping/Accounts position within an accountancy firm and understand working to timesheets, reviewing WIP and ensuring all fees are raised accurately. You will have excellent numeracy skills, written and verbal communication skills and be confident liaising with clients directly. In addition, we are looking for someone that is comfortable working using cloud accountancy software packages (such as Xero) and has a natural interest in how technology can make life easier for our clients!
Our clients are at the heart of everything we do therefore you must have experience working in an accountancy practice setting where you have been responsible for direct client contact and handling any queries in a timely manner.
A note from the Hiring Manager
“An exceptional opportunity to play a leading role in the firms VAT & Bookkeeping team. In this position you will be responsible in supporting our clients in providing them with a solution to their finance team needs including the delivery of VAT and bookkeeping services. Excellent on-the-job training will be provided together with the opportunity to advance your career within a dynamic business.”
What's in it for you?
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays - Time for you to focus on your family and what's important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Agile Working - We're on a mission to give you back your time.
- Flexible Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Lead Incentive Scheme – We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can plan both a career and a family
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support, not only for your professional qualifications, but also for your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
Our values are our motivation
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?
Why join the Azets family?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.