Asean Portfolio Finance Advisor (Senior Associate / Assistant Director)
The ASEAN Portfolio Finance
Advisor (PFA) is a key finance role focused on providing strategic finance advisory support across Accounts and Engagements in Asean. You will be a senior team member delivering insights to the business. You will report into Asean Finance Lead and Asean Markets Finance Lead. You will be expected to team and collaborate with key stakeholders, including country financial analysts, and other business functions to ensure effective and consistent finance support to the Asean leadership team. In this role you will become a trusted business partner enabling leadership decision-making to minimize financial risks and maximize performance.
Your key responsibilities
- Advise business on pursuit pricing, to enable competitive pricing to win in market, while managing tightly the project margin levers
- Ensure compliant to policies around business targets and other requirements in a deal review. Ongoing monitoring of projects throughout the life cycle of the project to ensure accuracy of revenue recognition, timely escalation of budget slippages or any other issues impacting project financials
- Facilitate compliant cross border engagement teaming across Asean, outset from pursuit pricing focus on equitable margin sharing. Identify key engagement risks, initiate Internal Tax review and manage review of committed projects
- Drive solutions to meet the evolving needs of accounts and engagements, while maximizing service quality and managing demand and cost
- Leverage global best practice to review, formulate and drive execution of initiatives to achieve better working capital management
- Team with Finance analysts and Business Operations to deliver financial insights to leadership, including monthly performance against targets and forecast expectations
- Supervise execution of Asean Finance initiatives – including cross border and business unit teaming, strategic pursuit pricing and risk analysis, and middle market focus growth initiatives.
- Establish a network of cross region project lifecycle leads to drive SAP deployment readiness through sharing of lessons learnt and best practices
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong ability to demonstrate flexibility by successfully teaming across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Strong ability to team with resilience by maintaining momentum and optimism amongst the whole team, despite near term pressures and setbacks
- Able to work in a highly self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities
- A successful track record of implementing business change initiatives, with strong change management skillset including influencing and stakeholder management
Client service and understanding the business
- Deep understanding and experience of the financial management complexities and challenges of accounts and engagements, particularly largest and most complex, and solutions to address these and maximize margin
- Experience in a client facing role, with external clients, is desirable, to be able to look at issues from perspective of the business
- Effectively engages with business to seek feedback and clarify how we deliver continuous service improvement
Communication and advice
- Strong interpersonal skills and approachable
- Presents and communicates clearly, concisely, persuasively
- Tailors communications to each audience to achieve best possible outcomes
- Comfortable with facilitating knowledge sharing sessions across to large groups
- Fluent in English – written and oral
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance or related courses or a post-graduate qualification in an equivalent field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, with experience including financial business partner, management accountant or client facing (ideally in professional services)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional recognised global accounting certification
- Experience in an external client facing role in a professional services organisation is desirable to be able to look at issues from perspective of the business
- Experience working with SAP
What we offerEY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.