Mercury Finance Business Advisor, Supervisor
2 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
With a wide choice of experience offerings, you could develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Mercury Business Advisor (MBA) is a key finance role focusing in providing finance advisory support across Accounts and Engagements. The MBA will collaborate with key stakeholders and other Core Business Service functions to ensure effective and consistent finance support rendered to the assigned Service Lines leaderships. The MBA key roles are to provide insights, conduct analysis and perform financial modeling on key account projects, to enable leadership to minimize financial risks and maximize performance.
Your key responsibilities
- Drive solutions to meet the evolving needs of accounts and engagements, while maximizing service quality and managing demand and cost
- Facilitate compliant on project engagements, outset from pursuit pricing focus on equitable margin sharing. Identify key engagement risks, initiate CBTS review and manage review of committed projects
- Leverage global / area best practice to review, formulate and drive execution of initiatives to achieve better working capital management
- Deliver financial insights to leadership, including monthly performance against targets and forecast expectations
- Supervise execution of Markets Finance initiatives for example global fee sharing, margin initiatives, strategic opportunities, SL integration, middle market initiatives and portfolio analysis.
- Establish network with cross region engagement lifecycle leads to drive Mercury readiness and ongoing knowledge sharing across deployed countries
- Effectively engages with clients to seek feedback and deliver continuous service improvement
- Build strong key stakeholder relationship and stay connected with the business and functional experts
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong ability to demonstrate flexibility by successfully teaming across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Strong ability to stay resilient by maintaining momentum and optimism amongst the whole team, despite near term pressures and setbacks
- Able to work in a highly self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities
- A successful track record of implementing business change initiatives, with strong change management skillset including influencing and stakeholder management
- Deep understanding and experience of the financial management complexities and challenges of large and complex accounts and engagements. Ability to provide solutions and maximize margin
- Comfortable facilitating knowledge sharing sessions across large group of audience
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A graduate in Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance or related courses
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial business partner and management accountant ideally in professional services environment
- Acquire Professional recognised global accounting certification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in an external client serving role in a professional services organisation is desirable to be able to look at issues from a client serving perspective
- Familiarity with SAP
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken. Ability to run effective presentations
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.