Programme Manager – Financial Services Consulting – Senior Manager - Dublin
Join EY FS Ireland and you’ll work in international teams, experiencing growth and change right across this diverse region. You’ll be working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues, helping to shape the future of financial services.
As a Programme Manager, you’ll be responsible for building valuable relationships with our clients and to develop a track-record of delivery that is recognised throughout the market.
Your key responsibilities
Client Delivery: You’ll be responsible for delivering key strategic programmes for FS Consulting clients, ensuring service quality on one or more engagements at a time, leveraging your knowledge and sector experience to deliver Business and IT Transformations. You will own the delivery relationship with the client; you will be responsible for regular status reporting, and governance forums of the programme. You will be responsible for the tracking of key qualitative and quantitative metrics associated with programme delivery.
Business Development: You’ll be responsible for leading proposals and client presentations for complex programmes that require significant involvement from vendors, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals. Especially on emerging Business and Technology solutions and delivery approaches.
Thought Leadership: Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients looking to leverage their vendor framework, improve their ITO offerings, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
Business Transformation Leadership: You will be a Business Transformation leader for our people. You will leverage your extensive Business Transformation skills, abilities and experience, to develop our people and progress their own careers. You will do this through hands-on mentoring and coaching of our team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead Business Transformation Consulting engagements
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to vendors and clients
- Work with Directors and Partners to generate new business opportunities and build client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Consulting and across other services
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Consulting professionals
- Maintain an educational programme to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and lead staff in workplace policies and procedures
Business Transformation responsibilities
- Bring Business Transformation thought leadership and practical experience of the implementation of emerging practices.
- Guide and mentor our delivery teams with practical experience of the implementation of Business Transformations.
- Create thought leadership pieces that build the reputation of our teams: including public blogs, interviews and speaking at industry conferences on Business Transformation topics.
- Collaborate with our Technology Consulting business and other service-lines to bring the best of EY to our clients relevant to their delivery needs.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 12+ years senior level experience in consulting and delivery of large-scale complex change programmes – especially within large Financial Services clients (Banking, Insurance)
- Experience in a matrix managed organisation
- Experience in the establishment, training and managing teams comprised of both staff, contractor and strategic partners.
- Strong financial background including experience of business case development and financial governance
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences
- Deep Functional expertise coupled with a relevant accreditation in their allocated programme/Domain e.g. Credit, Risk, Finance etc
- A proven track record of delivering business value from Business Consulting as a senior Project Manager / Programme Manager
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
- Having a track record of delivery within a number of large-scale Business Transformation programmes, taking ownership of delivery across internal client teams
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Accreditation and practitioner experience of a range of Project Management approaches including PRINCE II, Agile Frameworks & Methods (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS), PMI / PMP.
- Have a Programme and Project Management track record with a blue-chip consulting or systems integration firm or as a Delivery Lead within a leading Enterprise/Organisation
- Be comfortable working with client executives and senior management
- Have worked in one or more of the following sectors: Banking, FMCG, Technology, Health etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in one or more of the following specialisms: Digital Transformations, Agile Delivery Methods, Business Design, Regulatory Change.
What we look for
If you have keen interest in Business Consulting in Ireland as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then the EY Business Consulting team could be exactly the right place for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.