Global Mobility Tax - Associate (Graduate)
As part of our People Advisory Services - Global Mobility Tax team, you will help our clients manage their business issues relating to their global workforce by providing tax, immigration and global mobility HR policy compliances and advisory services to their international assignees.
You will focus on helping our clients meet their complex tax obligations associated with their global mobility programmes. Under the guidance of partners, managers and senior associates, you will work with your engagement teams to deliver high quality tax advisory and compliance services encompassing a variety of global mobility issues including compensation and benefits, tax, social security and even immigration. Our advisory services include tax technical analysis of global mobility arrangements, reviews of compensation and benefits and development of global mobility policies whilst our compliance services focus on the preparation of tax returns and other statutory reporting obligations.
Your key responsibilities
- You’ll make technical contributions to individual tax compliance engagements.
- You’ll prepare personal income tax returns for clients from diverse and specialised industries.
- You’ll help in identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation
- You’ll prepare estimated tax liabilities to assist clients in meeting its tax payment obligations.
- You’ll communicate effectively with all stakeholders involved in the process for each engagement while ensuring the coordination of application submissions to the authorities are managed smoothly.
- You’ll assist the Senior Associate(s) / Manager(s) in managing engagements by participating in business development initiatives, building and maintaining good relationship with clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Contribute to an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Human Resource, Business Administration, Legal or a related field
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and / or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply
You are required to include a cover letter, most updated resume, academic transcripts (secondary & tertiary), certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents with your application to be considered.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Past relevant trainee/internship experiences
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from engaging colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.