Financial Services Internal Audit Manager
About the role
Due to a rapid expansion of client work in the Risk Assurance team and in particular with our most prestigious client, we are looking to recruit another Manager into our Internal Audit – Risk Assurance team. The intention is that the appointee will be dedicated to our prestigious client for an initial period of twelve months, gaining significant experience of managing internal audit reviews of many financial services lending institutions, such as high street banks and other lenders. After the initial twelve months the appointee would move into the wider Internal Audit - Risk Assurance team, and as part of the wider team, be involved in the delivery of internal audit services to a wide range of clients across the not for profit and corporate sectors.
The ideal candidate will have great people skills and be comfortable leading and developing teams and individuals and dealing with clients. With a relevant internal audit or accountancy qualification, the ideal candidate will be an experienced internal auditor, with experience of leading internal audit teams or ready for the step up to that next level.
About the company and department
RSM is the seventh largest professional services firm in the UK, employing over 4,000 staff and partners and with 33 offices across the length and breadth of the UK. RSM in the UK is part of the RSM global network, which is represented in 120 countries around the globe and employs more than 40,000 people globally.
RSM offers accountancy, audit and assurance, tax, corporate finance and other services to clients ranging from large corporate and financial services clients, across the public sector, including central and local government, through to individuals.
The Internal Audit team sits within the Risk Assurance service line and delivers outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services to over 500 internal audit clients. With over 200 specialist internal auditors the team is one of the largest internal audit teams in a UK professional accountancy firm and offers excellent opportunities for progression. The team also works with one of RSM’s largest clients and it is working with this client where the appointee will initially spend most of their time.
About the job
You will support the partners and senior managers in the day to day management and delivery of internal audit to our internal audit clients.
- You will have responsibility for developing more junior members of the internal audit team, dealing with team welfare and aiding in development plans;
- You will undertake resource and utilisation planning to ensure all client engagements are adequately resourced in a timely manner; and
You will participate in the firm’s appraisal and development processes
- You will oversee delivery of client work as part of the engagement delivery team, being a recognised RSM Manager for client engagements:
- Managing agreed client portfolio delivering assurance programmes, ensuring work is delivered to time, on budget and in line with the RSM Internal Audit Manual;
- Agreeing engagement scopes with clients;
- Overseeing client delivery by team members;
- Undertaking more specialist/bespoke areas of auditing due to experience;
- Completing quality assurance reviews of internal audit files and reports;
- Overseeing the production of Progress Reports, Annual Reports and Audit Strategies prior to Senior Management sign-off;
- Providing effective stakeholder engagement and relationship management; and
- Representing RSM as required at networking events and industry group meetings, client management and audit committee meetings.
- You will work towards achievement of a client revenue target commensurate with the nature of the role and;
- Take responsibility for managing assurance contracts in line with agreed budgets
- You will assist senior management and partners in business development initiatives, including writing tender proposals, being involved in tender presentations and visits to target clients
- A strong ambassador for the RSM brand, you will promote brand awareness and uphold high ethical standards of business that protect the brand, the UK firm, its staff and clients.
About the ideal candidate
Ideally, you will have practical experience of working in an equivalent position in a professional services firm or similar function within an in-house internal audit team. You will be technically proficient in executing and leading reviews in accordance with IIA standards and the standards on effective audit in financial services across at least some of the following areas:
- Regulatory reporting (COREP/FINREP)
- Client Money and Assets (CASS)
- MIFID II
- Recovery & Resolution Planning (RRP)
- ICAAP and Pillar 3 reporting
- Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- FCA Systems and Controls – especially in relation to Compliance and Risk Management Frameworks
- Conduct Risk Management
- Vulnerable customers
You will have experience of working in different financial services sectors, such as:
- Alternative Finance / Lending
- Investment Management and Funds
- Wealth / Asset Management
- Consumer finance
We will also consider you if you feel you are ready to take the next step up in your career to this level and we will support you to make sure you succeed.
- Audit / Assurance qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- High standard of written and verbal communication
- Team Player
- Access to a car and full driving licence (travel to client sites may be expected post the coronavirus pandemic)
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.