1 day left
- Full time
The role focuses on assessing the operational risk within the Asset Management business, advising the business on how to manage changes in the risk profile and providing assurance over effectiveness of key business controls. Advises on business development strategies that support the appropriate balance between risk and reward.
- Provides risk mitigation advice and requirements to Asset Management partners.
- Identifies situations which pose significant risk and guides management in developing policies and/or procedures that create the proper balance between risk and reward.
- Consults with partners regarding daily decisions that could pose risk or conflict with existing policy, and assists on various issues with new and existing business that may present elements of risk.
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate incidents and operational losses and performed root cause and trend analysis. Prepares recommendations for process and control enhancements.
- Participates in business forums to provide independent advice and challenge.
- Monitors and advises on significant change management projects, inclusive of technology development.
- Assists in the production of risk reporting intended to highlight areas of risk to senior management.
- Works to proactively establish and document related policies, procedures and standards within the parameters of any relevant laws and regulations. Monitors outcomes/risk levels for the organization or assigned area.
- Serves on internal and external groups to provide and receive advice on industry trends.
- 5 or more years of risk management or compliance experience.
- Knowledge of risk and control practices
- Knowledge of key asset management activities
- Expertise in IT risk is strongly recommended
- Knowledge of regulations, federal, state, and local laws and regulations that impact key activities.
- Communication and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and to develop compliant policies and procedures.
- Experience with MS suite of applications, including advanced Excel skills for analysis, and PowerPoint for reporting and presentations
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.