Global Indirect Taxes - Compliance Lead
Global Indirect Taxes – Compliance Team Lead
As our Global Indirect Taxes, Team lead you will be responsible for delivery of all VAT and related statistical returns across Europe; and Sales & Use tax compliance across the US for the Primark Group
This role reports into our Global Indirect Taxes – Senior Manager and is based in our Dublin Head Office.
- Lead and develop the group’s Indirect Tax compliance team based centrally in Dublin.
- Deliver the timely submission of indirect tax returns and statistical returns.
- Manage the Indirect Tax cashflow for the group by ensuring all payments and refunds are made in a timely manner.
- Work with the Indirect Tax advisory team on new systems implementation to assess the impact on the compliance function.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to bring efficiencies to processes and technology, improve ways of working and enhance controls.
- Manage relationships with the group’s external co-source partner for Indirect Taxes, including responsibility for Indirect Tax compliance budget.
- Responsible for ensuring indirect taxes are correctly accounted for within the group’s finance system for each reporting period.
- Working with FP&A to ensure cashflow projections for indirect taxes are accurate on a monthly basis.
- Support with any tax audits across all jurisdictions, including attendance at meetings where relevant.
- Support wider tax team initiatives which may have relevance to indirect taxes.
- Ad hoc involvement with indirect tax planning and advisory projects for the group.
What are we looking for?
- Accounting qualification desirable (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent).
- Tax qualification desirable (AITI).
- 3+ years relevant PQE (preferably in a retail environment).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- European language skills an advantage.
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to ensure tasks are finalised to strict deadlines.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle experience an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.