Internal Research Entitlements
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Background on the Team
Part of the Fixed Income Division, the team is responsible for onboarding and management of entitlements for external clients and internal users to a variety of third party platforms and internal platforms/applications related to Electronic Trading and Research. The work is broadly split into 2 areas: Research and Internal Entitlements. The team covers Asia, EMEA and North America hours supporting Fixed Income and Equity markets, and is functionally split based on the area of work.
The candidate will work closely with the rest of the team but is expected to be comfortable to lead tasks independently, including the following:
- Processing requests for entitlements to Morgan Stanley proprietary and third party vendor electronic trading platforms.
- Maintaining existing user accounts and managing queries related to them. This includes configuration and linkages to downstream systems to ensure straight through processing of trades. External platforms include Bloomberg, Tradeweb and MarketAxess.
- Processing requests for entitlements to Morgan Stanley proprietary extranet applications providing research and other services, and third party vendor platforms delivering Morgan Stanley research. Maintaining existing user accounts and managing queries related to them. External platforms include Markit Hub, Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters.
- Processing requests for entitlements to a variety of internal risk and inventory management applications. Maintaining existing internal accounts.
- Following specified procedures for different platforms, applications and products, managing multiple queues throughout the day, and ensuring delivery within established SLAs.
- Participating in / responding to periodic entitlement audit inquiries and reviews.
- Producing metrics/reporting of work done by the team, and data integrity are all functions of this position. Maintain procedures database for reference.
- Using the report generation tool to generate/distribute business critical reports in response to business requests.
- Taking corrective measures for any trade flow issues resulting from incorrect setup and following up with the relevant groups to resolve any technical issues.
- Maintaining documentation related to account setup on electronic trading and research platforms.
Skills required (essential)
- Graduate/Post Graduate with a First Class or above throughout
- 2+ years’ experience in entitlements management, trade support, market data referencing or similar background
- Strong working knowledge of financial products including Fixed Income, Equity products and Derivatives
- Excellent English and verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to work in global environment
- Strong MS-Excel knowledge such as the ability to run V-Lookups and create Macros a plus
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments effectively
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.