As a Finance Analyst you will be joining a large and multifaceted finance team with lots of scope to develop your skills and hone the monthly reporting packs for the board. You will be part of a team that supports both Financial and non-financial stakeholders... Communication is key for this role!
The client is a global manufacturer and has spent the last 3 years developing a finance function right in the heart of South Wales. The company is going from strength to strength with the company looking to make more acquisitions in the next few years.
As the Finance Analyst you would be involved in:
- Consolidating the monthly results and fulfil divisional and group reporting requirements - covering Volume, revenue, added value and costs.
- Consolidating the business forecast - produce a MI review pack and explain variances to previous forecast.
- Producing information for business to use to check correct pricing is in the system.
- Reviewing and consult with HO function budget holders - produce a segmental report on actuals and produce a forecast for the financial year in conjunction with budget holders. Identify incorrect cost postings, forecast upcoming expenditure and look for cost savings.
- Cost analysis and processes development
- Support Investment analysis and decision making processes
- Support daily reports requirements to management team
- Support Internal controls of processes and procedures
- Support Project administration and financial support to project managers
- Provide high quality support service for management on all aspects of finance; combining accounting and business management.
- Provide timely, accurate and concise management reports covering profit and loss statement, balance sheet, cash flow as well as business unit reports knowledge.
- Support Finance Team in all activities related to compliance and remediation of any identified issues.
- Provide and interpret unbiased, independent analysis of current and future business cases to support and drive business
The successful candidate will:
- Have Experience in Finance, Audit, Financial planning or Management Accounting
- Be able to work to extract data
- Be able to produce variance to forecast MI and be able to lead a review for key stakeholder
- Experience in Finance, Audit, Financial planning or Management Accounting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities and make sure that things get done in the right time & quality.
- High proficiency in IS, in particular Excel, Access and Oracle being an advantage
- Strategic thinking, structured and a fast learner.
- A natural drive to achieve results and a business-driven mindset with the capacity to link details to the holistic picture.
- Value own responsibility, fast pace, teamwork and straightforward communication.
The successful Finance Analyst will:
- Be Based close to Cwmbran
- Received £30,000 -£37,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays