International VAT Analyst
This is a brand new opportunity to join us in a part qualified/qualified role as an International VAT Analyst, making sure Next is compliant with EU and wider global VAT/GST/Indirect tax legislation!
Next is looking to recruit an International VAT Analyst, within the Group Tax function, located at our Head Office in Enderby Leicestershire. The role of the International VAT Analyst will be to assist the Indirect Tax Manager in making sure the group is compliant with EU and wider global VAT/GST/Indirect tax legislation. The role reports to the Indirect Tax Manager and is based at Head Office, although this role can support part remote working.
- Assist and manage relationship with third party providers, in relation to the preparation of EU VAT returns, and ensuring accurate and timely processing of VAT returns and payments
- Assist Customs team in submission of Intrastat returns and EC sales list
- Undertake review of VAT processes for the Group to ensure best practice is maintained, and operating procedures are up to date
- First point of contact for tax authority queries regarding international VAT
- Proactively liaise with other areas of Finance and the wider business to ensure that effective business partnering is undertaken
- Keep an eye out on new legislation relating to International VAT
We are looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Qualified/Part Qualified ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA/ ATT/ CTA
- Strong Excel skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, solve problems with strong analytical skills with detail orientation
- Comfortable dealing with employees of all levels
- Knowledge of other taxes is beneficial
- Can do attitude and willing to learn/develop
- Proactive, ambitious and having excellent business partnering skills
- In-house experience, particularly in retail, is valued
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 4th Jun 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.