GmbH Corporate Audit Auditor - Officer
Who we are looking for :
State Street’s Corporate Audit Division carefully recruits professionals from a diverse pool of professional backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as central administration, transfer agency, regulatory compliance. State Street is highly involved in providing safe and health professional environment.
As a member of Corporate Audit, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, assignments are varied and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the Corporation’s daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors—advising management on key risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts—providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists—identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners—identifying trends to help management anticipate current and future risks and opportunities
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
In the role of Corporate Audit Auditor you will be responsible for:
- The Auditor will work as part of an international team with global stakeholders in new and changing situations, including new industry regulations, where there may not always be a readily apparent solution. The Auditor will participate in the performance of audits globally, specifically focusing on fieldwork, risk assessment and testing the internal control environment and in the reviews of business processes and internal controls using a risk based audit methodology.
- The Auditor executes risk and control assessment and testing activities during audits and advisory engagements that evaluate corporate management, business processes, business controls, risk assessments and operating practices globally.
- The Auditor will analyze data, facts and test results to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of the client’s internal controls and communicate control weaknesses directly with business-line managers.
- The Auditor will develop and write-up audit findings and make recommendations for review by the Audit Senior, Audit Supervisor and Audit Manager
- The Auditor will prepare or review audit workpapers ensuring sound audit theory and compliance with the division’s risk-based audit methodology.
- The Auditor ensures that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Division’s and Institute of Internal Auditor’s standards.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Proficient or knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk-based audit approach.
- Audit experience in either public accounting or internal audit with relevant Financial Services and Investors Services activity. Any information technology proficiency is appreciated.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, time management, project management, research and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Results-oriented and accomplished in partnering with diverse, global stakeholders.
- Fluency in both English - written and spoken.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in Financial Services industry preferred
- A professional audit or accountancy qualification (e.g., CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIA, CISA) is a plus but not essential.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.