Finance Manager - Operations & Projects
NEXT has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to join the Finance team as a Finance Manager.
If you have excellent management and interpersonal skills and are someone who thrives in a fast paced, challenging and demanding environment then we’d love you to meet you.
About the Role:
- You’ll be responsible for overseeing cash management & forecasting including inbound and outbound payments within the NEXT business, receivables, reporting and reconciliation, transactional management, accounting and controls.
- You’ll provide expert advice in these areas and will have a key focus on efficiency, supporting business growth, maximizing cash flow and managing business risk and compliance.
- In addition you will be responsible for business projects including systems and process improvements and delivery and implementation of new business initiatives in relation to the Online and Retail store businesses.
- As a proven leader within a Finance environment you will be highly skilled in communicating with internal and external stakeholders and will act as a key interface to the wider business at all levels.
- You’ll ensure that strict organization and controls are operated at all times, supported by relevant KPI’s and metrics and will develop individuals to deliver high standards of service.
CriteriaWhat we are looking for:
- A qualified accountant with a payments background who is numerate with superior attention to detail and a strong understanding of transaction reconciliation, financial controls and best practices.
- An excellent people manager with ideally a minimum of 3 years experience managing, developing and motivating high performance operational teams within a fast paced and challenging environment.
- A proven track record of delivering results together with an ability to plan, prioritise and juggle multiple work streams and projects whilst working to strict deadlines.
- A change manager, who will champion and deliver continuous improvement and efficiency, manage projects and support business growth whilst enabling teams to succeed by providing them with the right tools and knowledge.
- An ability to adopt a logical thought process, critically assess and resolve complex business issues or problems and a leader who is confident in making decisions.
- An effective communicator who builds strong business relationships internally and externally and is confident in leading discussions and able to influence at all levels
- Demonstrable presentation skills both written and verbal and ability to define and deliver reporting and metrics.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 28th May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.