Accounts Payable Team Leader
Do you love Retail? This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic finance team giving exposure to various areas of the business as an Accounts Payable Team Leader!
We are currently looking for a Finance Team Leader to help manage our Accounts Payable operation.
Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Finance team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business. Be part of the team responsible for the day to day running of the area to ensure high accuracy of work is delivered by the team whilst supporting the business in delivering high profile projects and managing a growing supplier base of over 3,500 active suppliers.
- Team management across both UK and outsourced teams
- Highlight in a timely manner areas of non compliance, high volumes and breach of business process & policy
- Review and monitor the teams output ensuring great attention to detail to deliver work to the highest of standards
- Prioritise own and teams workload amongst conflicting priorities and key business deadlines including event planning
- Management of daily and weekly payment runs and forward planning for key payments
- Ledger reconciliations and month end accruals, including supporting our auditors
- Review and monitoring of management information to take appropriate action
- Training, mentoring and development of team to build a service orientated team
- Project management and liaising with systems teams to ensure maximised benefit from system enhancements, including testing and support in business sign off, of these enhancements
- Optimize resource using appropriate planning tools, system enhancements and continual process review
- Build a team who have a culture of building excellent relationships with key suppliers, problem solving and ownership.
- Work with Robotics team to deliver task migration and monitor performance, highlight key issues
- Step into managers responsibilities when required
- Proven track record in managing a high performance team
- Strong Management skills / ability to motivate a team
- Problem solving skills / Logical thought process - Ability to critically assess and resolve key business issues
- High attention to detail
- Effective communication / assertiveness and influencing skills at all levels
- Effective decision making – ability to make well informed timely decisions
- Strong planning / organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Strong presentation skills – Confident in leading discussions and promoting business improvements and proactive in meeting with management
- Confident in challenging systems and processes
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 28th May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.