Team Leader (x2), Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is an opportunity for an individual who is proficient in accounting to work on and manage large and/or complex projects meeting the financial reporting needs of our clients as part of a team. The successful candidate will be technically competent, and will demonstrate a broad and in-depth knowledge in the field, plus strong knowledge in related areas.
- Deliver and drive a high quality service to clients through accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information. Be responsive to clients and anticipate their needs.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Investment Funds under NTI’s administration.
- Preparation of any group, board or ad hoc reporting required by your clients.
- Liaise with external auditors and deal with audit queries. Manage the audit process from end to end for your clients.
- Preparation of regulatory returns where applicable.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are consistently met.
- Ensuring other Tax compliance deadlines are met for the funds on your team.
- Preparing and/or reviewing tax computations as required.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate. Liaise with other units – Liaise with other units – Transfer Agency, Custody/Trustee, Fund Accounting, Client Services, Legal, and Client Expenses.
- Train other colleagues in your areas of expertise. Review the work of other colleagues and provide timely feedback on any review points.
- Manage any assigned members of your team as required. Ensure performance review process is completed for your direct reports in a timely manner. Assist in managing the team in your manager’s absence.
- Take part in transition and improvement projects as required.
- Liaise with colleagues in support locations, assist in planning outsourced work and provide colleagues in support locations with timely feedback on work provided. Review all work received from support locations.
- Accounting experience within the Investment Industry would be a distinct advantage, as would financial reporting experience.
- The successful candidate will likely be a qualified accountant or part qualified accountant and interested in completing their qualification, however a good history of accounting experience will suffice in the absence of qualification.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, recognising and following through on opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Invest One and/or Sun advantageous.
- Excellent client servicing skills
- Track record of reviewing and providing positive and negative feedback of colleagues’ work.
- A team player.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.